IGNORED

99 rsv intermitten charging issue

Dave

Help! Intermittent charging issue it has left four different times this season and its always charging when it gets home. I'm ready to just replace stator,batt,voltage reg. I want to up grade stator anyway. Lookin for info on what's the best one out there and reliable. Thank you for any help given.

what does the machine do exactly? does it die on you or just wont start occasionally? ive seen a bunch of goofy battery related problems. I had a friend with a 2000 rsv who just bought a neew battery, it sat about a week and went dead, he charged it and it worked fine the rest of the summer until about 2 weeks ago and it did the same thing. he charged it load tested ok. I took and dropped it from about a foot high on the bench and load tested it again and it went right to nothing. a plate must be loose in the battery.

Best thing is to hook up a digital volt meter so you can monitor charging while riding.

With some luck you will be able to find a pattern to help find the real problem.

I always hate to just step back and throw money at the problem till it goes away.

The High output stators should be paired with a high output RR.

All of the HO stators will have a much shorter lifespan than the OEM stator.

I bought a HO stator and RR for my bike but was able to get the same extra power to be available by getting rid of every single incandescent bulb on the bike even the dash lights and indicator lights on the dash. My lights are now ALL either LED or HID. Saved a lot of power.