IGNORED

HELP help please... poppings backfires hesitation

biofractal

Freebird and V7Goose.

First off all I want to say THANK YOU for the time. Time is money and I appreciate every second you guys spend of your valuable time writing about the technical issue I have.

Being that said I am sorry if I came out the wrong way, I was not doubting what V7Goose said about the jets... what I wrote does not reflect that and I understand it... sorry

I agree with you (V7Goose) about not taking unsupported opinions and get facts.... However I have noticed your expertise and knowledge (reading articles and comments about you), and the fact that the Motion pro tool does not feel like a professional tool, I decided to trust your opinion. This is later confirmed by Freebird's comments about how much experience you have with this bikes and motorcycles in general. OK.... Now that I made a bit more clear my point, I would like to say that I need to open the carbs again, set the floats, get new jets etc etc or to pay good $$$ to someone to do it.... OR... keep running the bike like I have for the last 3 months and get 37mpg... which is not terrible or unbearable.

I have not encountered any hesitation problems with riding the bike... not even in 5th gear at very slow speed and then rolling in the throttle. Like I said before is more of a matter of having my bike working how she is supposed to and learn and save money in the process. If I just pay someone to do it I will always will have to rely on someone to do it... and don't like that. If I enjoy doing something like I do working on my bike, then I better learn and no better opportunity than learning from you guys...

I have several things that play against me solving this issue. #1 I don't have a garage where I can work, I have to do it in the parking lot of where I live. #2 Limited tools and knowledge #3 the summer is gone, days are shorter and colder.

Thank you all...

I had been chasing carb problems for a while. I replaced diaphragms with the typical holes in them with new ones. The problem continued to some degree with a slight popping at a steady throttle hold, hard cold starting, crappy gas mileage and a bad gas smell in the garage after riding.

Long story made short, The new diaphragms were not sealing correctly. After carefully reinstalling them, one of them took 3 times, I got them to properly seal. Now, I am in love with the bike all over again. It actually scared me when I took it for a ride after fixing it, I jumped on it and it took off like a rocket ! I spun the tire shifting into 2nd. This was last Sunday and I have ridden the bike everyday and had a bike smile on my face ever since !:sun:

Be sure your carb diaphragms are perfect. :happy65:

Watch this short youtube clip about rebuilding the carbs

A while back Dingy posted this with a link for purchasing them. I bought them and they proved to be priceless.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84030

If you order, tell Damon that Heather Cox said hello.

I forgot to mention that these are about the 1st gen so I'm certain there will be some differences.

Freebird and V7Goose.

[snip]

Being that said I am sorry if I came out the wrong way, I was not doubting what V7Goose said about the jets... what I wrote does not reflect that and I understand it... sorry

[snip]

Thank you all...

No need for appologies - I saw nothing in your posts to take offense at. I do not play games with words, and I try to assume others do not either - if you want to offend me, you need to get straight to the point! As Freebird said, I'm usually the one who offends others by just bluntly saying what I think without trying to sugar coat it and obscure the real meaning. The offense is never intended, but often taken...

Anyway, I hope you can get it figured out and running right.

Goose