IGNORED

accent lights

y2krider

I got my LED lights in from Joe Florida on Monday. I temporarily taped everything on one side to test placement. I got the 144 light kit but decided to put the front wheel strips on the frame rail under the seat for more light on the engine and I think the rear wheel strips will go under the bags for a little more ground light. Since the wheels are painted and won't have much reflection and the rear is hidden so well, I thought this would be better. Then last night I mounted the control box in the hole beside the battery and removed the tank to route some of the wiring. This resulted in a quick search here to find out what to do when the nipple comes out of the petcock instead of the fuel line coming off of the nipple:depressed:. Evidently it is not a freak event as several others have had that happen but it seems a little persuasion from mallet should fix it. Since it is supposed to start raining here this evening and not stop until December or something like that, I should be able to get everything finished up in the next couple of nights.

Hopefully I will finish up tomorrow and will post some pics. Got the lights on the tank, air cleaner, and frame under seat last night and when I tested the green lights are out on one of the tank strips. I quit for the night and will try again tomorrow. Am hoping it is just a connection. I used the primer with the 3m tape and I am afraid it will be VERY difficult to remove.

I ordered the kit from joeflorida.com

OK. Since it has rained all morning it was a good time to finish up the LED installation for the engine area. I got all of the wiires routed back and stuffed in around and in front of the battery. I ran into one problem with the ground lighting and maybe someone here can give me some suggestions. The kit has two strips about 8-9 inches long that are designed to be attached to the frame rails underneath for ground lighting. They should be angled out around 45 degrees so they don't get squished (as an engineer I love these technical terms) when lifting the bike on a jack. This will work fine on the right side but the kickstand is too close to the frame for the left side to fit. Even if it would fit the kickstand would block the light. I guess I could just figure out the autopilot for sleeping and just ride forever. Then I wouldn't need the stand. Any ideas???? Here are some pics of the engine area. This kit has multiple colors and strobe functions. I am pretty sure some of these might cause flashing lights behind me with badges attached since there are flashing red and blue combinations. Now I just need the rain to stop and night to arrive so I can go light up the street.