IGNORED

Need help with parts for slave cylinder for clutch.

Broncoboy36081

Hey guys. I have to rebuild my clutch slave cylinder but I'm not quite sure what parts I need. I got the old one out seals looked rough. Any help would be appreciated. I am including a diagram of the parts. Just shoot me what numbers I need. Thanks oh and this is a 99 RSV

http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/yam/500441d0f8700209bc78e9e7/clutch

#29 is the part you need.

The link for Thunder Valley Powersports is me. I don't stock the kit and it may be awhile before I'm placing an order with that supplier.

Depending on the condition after you get in there the rebuild can run from difficult to impossible. If you pop an extra $50 for the whole slave (#27) you can slap it in and just be done with it.

You will also need a middle gear cover gasket. The other parts in the thread sfcrader aren't a bad idea, but not essential.

Rick, at Buckey Performance, is also very knowledgeable on Ventures and carries a lot of parts. He even found me a "bran-used" rear shock for about 80 bucks.

You can give him a call and if he's not in he'll get back to you fairly quickly. He will also let you know what you need and will talk you through the process.

I agree with Carl about replacing the cylinder!

http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/

Depending on the condition after you get in there the rebuild can run from difficult to impossible. If you pop an extra $50 for the whole slave (#27) you can slap it in and just be done with it.

You will also need a middle gear cover gasket.

#1 on that. I got lucky when the slave on my '84 blew out. I was going to just rebuild mine but Dingy stepped up and sent me a body that he had already honed out. After a closer inspection of mine after removing it from the bike seals wouldn't have done a bit of good. Pitting was excessive.

Granted wear and internal damage would be much less on your '99 compared to an '84 but for the cost a new unit is the best bet.

Good luck on the project.

#1 on that. I got lucky when the slave on my '84 blew out. I was going to just rebuild mine but Dingy stepped up and sent me a body that he had already honed out. After a closer inspection of mine after removing it from the bike seals wouldn't have done a bit of good. Pitting was excessive.

Granted wear and internal damage would be much less on your '99 compared to an '84 but for the cost a new unit is the best bet.

Good luck on the project.

Thanks guys for the comments. Ended up just getting an entire new cylinder.