IGNORED

5th Gear Light

Its been happening for a while now......My over drive Light(5th gear green light) doesn't come on right away when I shift into 5th gear..... Sometimes it doesn't come on at all. Anyone have an Idea what wrong. Its not a big deal but I just ordered new tires, so when I go to put them on I might find the time to rectify the problem......

Its been happening for a while now......My over drive Light(5th gear green light) doesn't come on right away when I shift into 5th gear..... Sometimes it doesn't come on at all. Anyone have an Idea what wrong. Its not a big deal but I just ordered new tires, so when I go to put them on I might find the time to rectify the problem......

Got the same issue.

Comes and goes on occasion.

Currently not working. May work tomorrow, who knows?:confused24:

Cruise works fine.

I'm not sure what a 2ndGen has because I've never had to deal with it yet, but on the 1stGen the gear indicator is located next to the clutch slave on the engine and may have a problem. You'll need to remove the middle gear cover to check it out... Maybe a 2ndGen has a different system, and if so, I'm sure someone will chime in.... :)

That is a really easy fix, David. If you can get to the 5th gear light, all you need to do is to pull it out and clean the connector really well. Next, clean the bulb socket really well , then remount the light..................

...................... in a 1st Gen!!!

:rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl:

After all, look where you posted :confused24:.