IGNORED

Bags

Guest HdHtr

OK. I am getting tired of the lack of space the 2nd gens bags have. The inside bracket takes up way more space than it should.

First gen bags have much more useable space. So has anyone put first gen bags on a 2nd gen? They look like they will swap over easily.

But they will also slow the second gen down:stirthepot:

How much slower could a 2nd gen go??

Well I was thinking ... if I put the bags off the ''FAST ONE'' that I could hold more stuff and it would make it faster.

My goodness how much stuff do you need to take? I manage to take enough for the wife and I or a week in the mountians plus chaps and warm jackets. So I dont know how much of what your trying to take. There are laundry facilities everywhere. Even if I travel solo a weeks worth is about all I pack.

The issue with first gen owners coming to the faster 2nd gen is that they are still packing all the replacement parts and tools to do repairs every time the bike leaves the barn. It takes awhile to realize the tools and parts don't need to make the trip with them:bighug:

My goodness how much stuff do you need to take? I manage to take enough for the wife and I or a week in the mountians plus chaps and warm jackets. So I dont know how much of what your trying to take. There are laundry facilities everywhere. Even if I travel solo a weeks worth is about all I pack.

I notice the lack of space mainly when I am grocery shopping. No where near the room in the bags or the trunk on the 08 as there is in my 91. Big difference.

At least we're ready to help our fellow 2nd gen Venture Riders when they have problems on the road.

And Rick has benefited from the 'tools' from time to time as his 2nd gen was shedding parts!

http://www.lifeinthelaughlane.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/PlasticBaggage300LLL.jpg

Reminds me of a time when I was at this store and they had pillows on sale ...

The issue with first gen owners coming to the faster 2nd gen is that they are still packing all the replacement parts and tools to do repairs every time the bike leaves the barn. It takes awhile to realize the tools and parts don't need to make the trip with them:bighug:

2nd Gen with V-Max gears still don't want none of Brown Sugar!!:whistling: