IGNORED

Posted to wrong forum first so this is correction

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Ri...24408773640923

anyone near montvale nj (last exit north on gsp?i'd like to see a first gen bike that is stock as far as plastic goes. i have no experience with this bike but i know it's not right.i'll provide pics soon but tank cover doesn't have the place for the bolt to screw in and there is no place for the seat tongue to go under the left side fairing has a big piece missing the side covers don't want to stay on at speed because theres no rubber band and i don't know where theyde attach to.any help would be appreciated

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Ri...96352592153043

as you'll see the mounting for the bolt on the tank cover is missing as is the 2 mounting places for the left sidecover. i can fashion a plate to come out to meet the top tang for the sidecover the lower tang is missing the metal to connect to,the metal is broken off to the frame. but the tank cover i'm at a loss to figure as i don't see where it was in the first place on this bike.Ido see where it is on your bike but can't see how it would mount to mine if i had the bracket also the grommet for the tang on the tank cover is shot dry rot and top part missing so tab has nothing to hang on to.i'm sure these are not available as is most parts for the bike.again any help will be appreciated

Take off your seat..it looks like it's mounted to far forward or maybe not. But should help you see where the tab should be! The top plastic tank cover hooks under the tripple tree and then pulls back to cover the battery and tank fill. The rear lip goes under the front edge of the seat...There is a good size metal brace with a small tab and a screw hole on it....

hope this helps,

david

Attached Images
jpg.gifIMG_20140823_105311_108A.jpg (185.4 KB, 3 views)
jpg.gifIMG_20140823_105358_481A.jpg (178.5 KB, 3 views)
jpg.gifIMG_20140823_105415_045A.jpg (161.8 KB, 3 views)

Thanks ,nothing under the seat no bracket no nut to screw a bolt into. Its empty flat metal

My point is the right and left side use the same side panel mounting points...just remove the

right side to see whats missing on left. You are missing the the lower cowling on the left that

attaches with screws, then the front side cover pins push into lower.

You should be able to remove right side cover with sidecar in place. As for most other maintenance you might have to remove sidecar...ie oil changes, sparkplugs, rear brakes etc.

If the rubber strap is hanging loose on right, attach it before riding anywhere as it will shake off frame and drop out on the road.