IGNORED

Tall rider question/thoughts

chag67

I am 6'7" and love my 07 Venture (I heard the blue one's are the fastest).

I have installed the barron risers for the handlebars and rotated the handlebars forward as far as they will go and that works for my arm and shoulder comfort for now. I am contemplating getting the longer bars so my hands sit higher. I don't like my hands too low.

I don't want to have my seat reworked to sit me higher because I love the feeling of sitting "in" this bike instead of "on" it.

I know that the floorboards sit a tad higher than most pegs on other bikes, so I was wondering if there was a bracket that would lower the floor boards about an inch. I know this will make them scrap more on tighter turns but I take my turns like I'm 80. I've scraped the existing boards several times on emergency turns so it's not me being scared to turn. I just don't want to risk dropping my beautiful baby.

I am 6' 5'' and had similar issues. However, after reviewing all the alternatives I placed highway pegs low and at an angle so I could rest the backs of my feet on the boards and the tops of my feet on the pegs. My thoughts were if I can't move my feet down, I'm going to move them out. It does increase wind buffeting but is a great way to stretch out on long rides.

I also reworked the seat and liked the results of that very much. The price was also very reasonable and I gained about an inch in seat to board clearance. I still have some of the sitting "in" not on sensation but I have to admit it is a bit less now. However, I know you don't want to do that, but I wouldn't totally rule it out.

I would think lowering the boards would create some airflow issues as well as some brake and shifter issues too.

Maybe some one else has tried it before ?

I have some Kuryakyn pegs that do exactly what you do. I just don't like my knees up so high.

I sat on a 2014 Stratoliner Deluxe and it comes with forward controls (and footboard) as an option. I know I would lose the leg fairings but I gain a wider fairing (which I love the look of) and a 1900cc engine. But I also lose the trunk.

I don't want to buy a new bike just to get a little more leg room. But I just might in a year or two.

not to knock on Yamaha, but from a tall dudes perspective, check out the Victory Vision or Victory Cross Tour. They have been the roomiest bikes I have ever rode. I just cant swing the $$$ for one right now.

Super comfortable. Super roomy.

I'm 6'6" so I know your pain. there aren't a lot of bikes that fit. I've tried on a bunch of different bikes, and the Venture is still one of the best. I tried the Cycle-ergo site

http://cycle-ergo.com/

and it seems to be fairly accurate. The Venture has a 30.3 inch seat height.

Harley"s Ultra has a 29.7 inch seat height. The Victory CC seat height is 28.2 inchs.

So back to your question, the Venture has the best seat to knee relationship.

I don't know if this helps. Also on the cycle-ergo you can raise the seat height (it's the rider that rises but you get the point). Makes for some interesting hip and knee angle comparisons.

Had to laugh. I thought I was the only one that had a seating problem. Somewhere between 6'5" and 6'7".... and shrinking...:backinmyday: The heel on the floorboard and the toe on the highway peg bracket is the most comfortable foot position for me. I also got rid of the H/T shifter and went to a T/T. Thinking about cutting the shift peg down to half the length. Sorta the same as a 1stGen. We also have big feet and the H/T is a PITA.

I still haven't found a seat for the 2ndGen that is as comfortable as the custom on the 1stGen. 10 hours in the saddle and no problem. The Corbin seems to come close on the 2nd but no cigar... All I know is that the Pillow Tops fall into the same category as the H/T shifter. 7 days in the saddle and I couldn't feel my butt for a month when I got back.

Arm position is also a problem. All I've done so far is to rotate the stock bars up as high as they'll go to where they actually hit the dash. I do have a set of Barons Risers around here somewhere that I may try.

It's good to find out that there are a few more sufferers....and I'm not alone....