IGNORED

Wish me luck, headed to N Ohio tomorrow to pick up a new travel trailer

Midrsv

We had a new travel trailer on order and it is in and ready to be picked up tomorrow. It's going to be like the tail wagging the dog. I have barely enough truck to tow the empty trailer. The trailer at 36 ft and 7700 lbs is just under my Tahoe's 8200 lb tow capacity. We will be going slow and easy all the way home. If you pass us on I75 southbound give a honk.

We're buying a Laredo 322RL like this one: http://www.ballantynerv.com/rv/victor+ny/keystone+/2428/keystone+laredo+322rl

Hope to get 7 or 8 mpg on the way home.

Dennis

Wave @ warner robins ga as you drive through, or if you stop to eat in the area I can add more spots at the table. Let me know.

Tricia

We won't be taking it south to Florida (where we'll leave it) until late October. It will be in our back yard until then.

Dennis

Be real careful towing at or near capacity, bad things happen real fast. You may want to rent a truck that's up to the task.

Enjoy the new trailer.

Believe me, I will be careful. I've only got to pull it 200 miles to get it home and I've got all day to do it. I'll be in no hurry. When I take it to FL I'll have a friend with a 3/4 ton diesel take it down for me. I'll just use my truck to put it on my lot in the fall and take it off in the spring.

Dennis

Be careful in I 75 if you can't tow at least 60 mph. When those trucks pass you, you'll know about it. You might want to consider some back roads with a 55 mph max. Hope you're getting an equalizer hitch and sway bar. Check the wheel nuts and tire pressure on the trailer and your truck too. If you stay with I 75 be careful on the hill going into KY when you cross the Ohio river. Right lane, 4 ways on.

We made it home with the trailer late this afternoon. It towed fine and I felt comfortable at 60 to 65 mph. The trucks didn't bother me as much as my previous 28 ft trailer. Probably due to a better sway control hitch (Equalizer). The PDI went well and we didn't find any issues.

Dennis

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/aqe5uba8.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/urupyse5.jpg

My campground was designed when camper's were 20' long..

I hear you Joe. The park where my lot in Florida is located started out as a condo-travel trailer park in the mid to late sixties. Back then a big trailer was maybe 24 feet like an Airstream or Holiday Rambler. Since then it has morphed into park with about 70% permanent homes with a mixture of stick built and modular homes built to hurricane standards. The rest are concrete pads that are used for RV's. I just had the concrete redone on mine to so that it will better handle the larger trailer. And it's only 700 feet from the ocean.

So once I get the trailer to Florida I'll only have to move it 2 times a year. From storage to the lot in the fall and back to storage in the spring. I think my truck can handle that.

Dennis

Edited by Midrsv