IGNORED

Headlight visor seems too big

Dale124

Hi all. Yesterday I went to install my new yamaha headlight visor and found it seems way too big. The curve of the visor doesn't follow the curve of the headlight at all! The instructions that were with it say it is a 7" headlight visor for Yamaha Royal Star, and seem to show a completely different headlight assembly in the picture. For those of you that have installed your visor, does this sound like I have the wrong one?

Dale.

Dale

Without a part number it is impossible to tell if you have the correct visor. The one I installed on my Venture seemed a little large and had to be worked in. But you are saying way to big. So it sounds like a wrong part.

Mike

Hi guys. Ok, the part number on the box is STR-4NK58-10. On the dealers price sticker, there is a -00 after the 10, and it says "Headlight VSR. V-Star".

To me it seems like it would have to bend in a lot to actually fit into place. I did not want to attempt this and end up damaging it, then finding out its the wrong one.

Dale

Ok, don't be too hard on me, but I may be an idiot. I put the other visors on for the passing lamps and the turn signals, and thought I'd double check the headlight one. It does flex somewhat, so I attempted to put in on, and low and behold, it worked! I guess the part number must fit multiple bikes- in fact, it lists several models on the side of the box.

Now, all is back together and looking sharp :bluesbrother: