IGNORED

1986 air compressor help

scuff

I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway I'm a new owner of a 1986 Venture Royale and I'm pretty sure my compressor is seized up the computer seems to work and I can here the relay click like it's trying to turn on the compressor. I get codes E1 and E4 from the display. Is there a way to refurbish the old one or is there a cheap alternative after market pump I can retrofit. It looks like the one from Yamaha is 300 bucks kinda more that I wanna spend. Any help with this prob would be great, Thanx in advance for your help.

To confirm that the compressor motor is bad, you could simply jumper the power wires and see if it responds. If it works, the real problem is the circuit board......usually cracked solder joints at the wire connector terminals. The coolant overflow bottle access door is responsible for putting strain on the connector.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway I'm a new owner of a 1986 Venture Royale and I'm pretty sure my compressor is seized up the computer seems to work and I can here the relay click like it's trying to turn on the compressor. I get codes E1 and E4 from the display. Is there a way to refurbish the old one or is there a cheap alternative after market pump I can retrofit. It looks like the one from Yamaha is 300 bucks kinda more that I wanna spend. Any help with this prob would be great, Thanx in advance for your help.

It is rare that the compressor is bad. MUCH MORE likely that the CLASS controller circuit board has faulty (cold) solder joints. The 'E1' and 'E4' error codes are indicative of a bad (but repairable) controller board.

Scuff,

I just did the same thing two days ago on my 89.

Real easy to do. There is a thread somewhere (I found and now can't!) that has pics and is thorough.

Took me less than an hour...and it was my first time...

You can call if you need help...cell in personal info...

david