IGNORED

Avon Venonms tread seperating. Would you ride on these?

etcswjoe

I have a Venom, 150/90B15 80H on the rear of my 02 Venture. It is rated for 992 lbs @ 50 psi. I run it about 48 around town single rider. Keep it there for 2up highway and drop it a pound or two for single highway. I travel light with no trailer.

So far this has worked for me. I find good low speed and highway handling. If I keep it at 48 on long rides the rear gets a little slippy cornering in warm/hot weather.

Front is 150/80-16 71H rated for 42 psi I run it close to 40 all the time.

So far I have about 22,000 kilometers (14,000 miles)

Edited by kevin-vic-b.c.
oops

I have had 2.5 sets of same tire and they all have done that to me, brand new fresh tires, I normally change tires every three months so it was not an old tire issue.

First time Rear Started to crack, So I just replaced it. Then front started, I tried to contact them and no answers, going on a Trip so again at my expense I took off a new Tire and put a match back on since thats what I had on the rear.

Upon returning from trip, both were cracked.

Dealer gave me a new set. They cracked.

Avon contacted me a month later and said you mistakenly got Avon Australia and we were on Vacation. ????

So I seen them at the Bike show and they would not talk to me once they heard the problem. They kept running away.

I just bought some leftovers off a trike conversion. Guess what was on the rear? A New Avon, yes it has small cracks but looks like it might run out.

I don't like that Brand period.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be curious to know if the Venoms that crack like that are the 74V or the 80H (150/90B15 - ) Variety. I use the 80H because V7Goose said they wear longer and have a higher load rating. Looked at mine the other day and don't have any signs of this type of cracking.

I'd be curious to know if the Venoms that crack like that are the 74V or the 80H (150/90B15 - ) Variety. I use the 80H because V7Goose said they wear longer and have a higher load rating. Looked at mine the other day and don't have any signs of this type of cracking.

Mine were e 74V

I was running the 80H as well and had horrible sidewall cracking. The tire had about 2000 miles on it and was older, but not overly old. I did get a new tire and reimbursed for teh addition mounting cost. I will say though that I have a brand new Avon tire in my storage closet. I refused to put another one on after the hassle I went through. I had much better luck with my Pirelli up front and Shinko in the rear. Not a bad word to say about either.

Bike is gone now in case anybody wants a cheap brand new Venom.