IGNORED

LED passing light replacement bulb

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/PAR36-High-Power-Lamp-Bulb/dp/B007J6P1I4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0XBT36ZVSMT795GP20TY#productDetails]LED 9W PAR36 12V AC/DC High Power Lamp Bulb 5050 LED - Led Household Light Bulbs - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/318zfuC7XlL.@@AMEPARAM@@318zfuC7XlL[/ame]

Has a LED PAR 36 bulb ever been tried I have already purchased the Star lights but now am concerned about the draw they came with 30 w bulbs 12v 4449 bulbs using the googlage it seems like there are many reasonable LED drop in replacements. Used the search on the sight but have not found any suggestions yet.:confused24:

Guest tx2sturgis

I'm generally in favor of LEDs for aux forward lighting but not if they have a 120 degree beam spread!

Look over those specs again.

Those are flood beam landscape lights, not really intended for vehicle use, unless its on a tractor illuminating the field at night. (Yes...I do know some riders on this forum have installed and used landscape lights on their motorcycle.)

Keep looking, becau$e some good one$ are out there. ($$$)

:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

• 4 months later...

I bought a pair of lights with housings that went to a HD touring bike. they have an H3 35w halogen bulb originally. Once the HID went in they looked really yellow. I looked for a long time for options that were in my budget. the $200+ for the trucklites just were not going to happen. I looked into the "work lights" from northern tool, if you catch them rite they run about $30 each. So my housing has a replaceable bulb like I mentioned. SO I went shopping for H# LED bulbs. With the new style CREE bulbs you can get some decent output. I went with some like these and they work quite well. H3 Type 70W High Power SMD LED Fog/DRL Bulb Xenon White Light $_12.JPG

I bought a pair of lights with housings that went to a HD touring bike. they have an H3 35w halogen bulb originally. Once the HID went in they looked really yellow. I looked for a long time for options that were in my budget. the $200+ for the trucklites just were not going to happen. I looked into the "work lights" from northern tool, if you catch them rite they run about $30 each. So my housing has a replaceable bulb like I mentioned. SO I went shopping for H# LED bulbs. With the new style CREE bulbs you can get some decent output. I went with some like these and they work quite well. H3 Type 70W High Power SMD LED Fog/DRL Bulb Xenon White Light [ATTACH=CONFIG]95301[/ATTACH]

Did you happen to see where they listed the lumens output on those? they look really good and I like the prices, just concerned about light output.

Brian