IGNORED

High rpm in 5th, Normal????

Kettlinton

Tried to adjust it but could not get the nit to budge. I didn't have bike on a jack so that could be the problem. I will try it on a jack today or tomorrow. The nut(top nut, I see nothing else to adjust on the shock)looks to be all the way out, do I turn it to compress the spring in order to soften the ride? I see no room to let it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark should be lots of adjustment left in it both ways. It doesnt take much to make a difference. Start with quarter turns and test. The nut has a small set screw to hold it in place. Need to loosent that before turning the nut. And yes it is easier up on the jack.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark should be lots of adjustment left in it both ways. It doesnt take much to make a difference. Start with quarter turns and test. The nut has a small set screw to hold it in place. Need to loosent that before turning the nut. And yes it is easier up on the jack.

Ok thanks. I had to take the battery box out on the first attempt. Is there a easier way to get to it?

Ok thanks. I had to take the battery box out on the first attempt. Is there a easier way to get to it?

Nope that is why I left it set so stiff. It was to stiff for just me, but I didn't want to have to go through that to adjust it every time my wife rode with me. So I left it and dealt with the harsher ride.

I have been considering switching to the Hagon. Is the degree of difficulty to adjust described by Bumblebee typical? I'm not sure I want to go through that every time I switch from one to two up. I ride single 75% of the time.

For all you Hagon users - is that what you have to do?

I have been considering switching to the Hagon. Is the degree of difficulty to adjust described by Bumblebee typical? I'm not sure I want to go through that every time I switch from one to two up. I ride single 75% of the time.

For all you Hagon users - is that what you have to do?

I am not saying that is the only way, but I never found any other way. There was just no room to get anything in there to turn the nut without taking all that stuff off. That is just me. Someone else may know of another way.

UPDATE!!!!

Out riding today and came across a guy in my neighborhood with a 03 Venture with the Vmax gear swap. I was talking to him about the way my bike rode and he said it sounds like the swap. So I ask if we could swap bikes and for him to give me his opinion. He said sure and we were off. About 5 miles into the ride, he pulls over and said without a doubt it was the Vmax gear swap!!! His bike felt the same way mine does!!! So I am happy to find out that this is not a issue and normal for this mod. He also told me my front rotors were warp which I knew and I have the new rotors in hand. He also told me how the bike wants to "wonder" at low to mid speed which I also have felt. Now to figure out what that is all about. THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS AND LEADING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!!!

Just to share my thoughts on the bike wandering at low to mid speeds: when I had my 06 RSV it did this as well. What it turned out being is bad steering head bearings. The races had marks or dimples from the taper bearing and would tend to catch. This was hard to diagnose because I couldn't feel the notchy (for lack of a better term) bearings while riding or even when bike was on a lift UNTIL I removed the front wheel and turned the handlebars back and forth (while on a lift). The fix was to replace the bearings.

It does not feel like the clutch is slipping. When in 5th, she pulls great when I twist the throttle, just feel like I need another gear to go into. The bike has 82,000 plus miles. Previous owner said he did clutch, clutch feels fine.

I always thought the same thing:7_6_3[1]: with both of my RS's but like everyone says they love the revs and you'll get better MPG keeping the rev's up in all gears. I was getting a consistent 35 mpg around town shifting into 5th at 50 or so. Now I rarely get out of third at that speed and my fuel economy is around 47

Just to share my thoughts on the bike wandering at low to mid speeds: when I had my 06 RSV it did this as well. What it turned out being is bad steering head bearings. The races had marks or dimples from the taper bearing and would tend to catch. This was hard to diagnose because I couldn't feel the notchy (for lack of a better term) bearings while riding or even when bike was on a lift UNTIL I removed the front wheel and turned the handlebars back and forth (while on a lift). The fix was to replace the bearings.
i will get that checked as well. Thx!

I always thought the same thing:7_6_3[1]: with both of my RS's but like everyone says they love the revs and you'll get better MPG keeping the rev's up in all gears. I was getting a consistent 35 mpg around town shifting into 5th at 50 or so. Now I rarely get out of third at that speed and my fuel economy is around 47
do u have the VMax drive?

• 2 weeks later...