IGNORED

Strange Radio Issue

Waahoo

K, so I put new speakers in in the old girl last week, all went well and seemed to be fine until yesterday. After I washed and scrubbed her up for the weekend I turned on the radio and it was twice as loud as it has been since I got her....?!

I like it loud so, in case it goes back to its old soft spoken ways, can anyone tell me what would be the cause of this wondrous event!?

BTW, paid my 12 bucks today Don! You guys here are a great bunch and well worth the small fee you ask for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol! They were all gooped up so I took a toothbrush to em yesterday. Didn't think they worked cause nothin happened when I pushed the mute button before. Duh, you can add this to the dumb arse questions section if you choose!! Thanks bro!

Damn, mute button doesn't work still...radio gets loud and soft....assume the switch is busted and shorting out somehow. Gonna take it apart and see what I can do.

could be that it's adjusting the volume to outside noise. Automatic Volume Control Function. Should blast you next to a Harley. On your volume knob, below it should be another lever that adjusts this.

Edited by dacheedah

That part actually works. Funny just rode to work and it didn't fade or cut out at all. When it cuts out it goes very low like it has been muted. Bumps seem to make that happen that's why I assumed a short or something .