IGNORED

Just completed the Marshall Mod

All my parts finally arrived today and I spent the last 3 hours replacing my antennas as well as all the cables. It was pretty much like the instructions said but running that fm cable from the back to the front was a *****, specially getting past the battery box. I did end up cutting the old fm cable and leaving some of it on the bike. Took so long as I had to remove seats, gas tank and split the fairing. Got it all butoned up now and radio works and cb seems to work also. Will need to test on the road once rain stops tomorrow. One of the new folding bases is sloppy as it does wiggle a bit, may need to replace that one in the future.

I really want to thank tx2sturgis (Brian) for his advice on this project.:clap2:

:canada:

Edited by Bert2006

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled the red rubber tip off the end of the Francis antenna and was expecting to find some kind of screw to help adjust the SWR but there is nothing, just a blunt cut. How would I adjust this one?:confused24: They say they are pre-tuned.

Also that folding base that was wiggly will not fold anymore as the sleeve will not pull up. :bang head:

I just ordered 2 more and hope the are both thighter so I can have a spare. I also noticed that there was already rust on the folding mechanism for the other one so i smeared on some dielectic grease on it.

If the antenna is too long you may be able to remove some windings from the top but I have never dealt with these antennas. With almost no ground plane on the bike I doubt they are matched very well but I could be wrong.

Guest tx2sturgis
Pulled the red rubber tip off the end of the Francis antenna and was expecting to find some kind of screw to help adjust the SWR but there is nothing, just a blunt cut. How would I adjust this one?:confused24: They say they are pre-tuned.

Bert, just refer back to my PM...the Francis antenna might require a bit of cutting to tune it. You need an SWR meter handy before you start.

:happy34:

Bert, just refer back to my PM...the Francis antenna might require a bit of cutting to tune it. You need an SWR meter handy before you start.

:happy34:

Brian,

WOW its all there and very detailed. Thanks for reminding me of the PM and thanks again for taking the time to spell it out for me.:thumbsup: