IGNORED

wind wings damaged in hail storm

While on a 4200 mile week long ride I encountered 2 severe hail storms in Wyoming. The first I was able to seek cover with 3 other riders under the I-80 overpass. I was not so lucky on the second storm. Within minutes it was upon me. I had no chance of making it to the next exit. I was forced to pull off the interstate and huddle up to the right side of the bike as the quarter sized hail pelted me and the bike. 10 minutes later the storm passed over to the north east. I was forced to wait another 10 minutes to let the hail melt off of the interstate.

While waiting for the road to clear to a rideable condition I was amazed that I found no dimples on the fuel tank. I did however discover that the left wind wing had sustained damage. I have the Star accessory wind wings.

I am wondering if any members have replaced the plastic wings with stainless steel or aluminum?

I love having them for the warmer summer riding season but it is not worth buying a new set to replace the one broken wing. (if I could even find a set)

I have always thought they would look better in chrome or polished aluminum.

Missed achieving iron but on the last day by 72.2 miles. Could have if I really wanted to. I was home a ready for a shower and my lay z boy.

Maybe next year on my trip to Moab.

Edited by sleadhed
spelling