IGNORED

I hoped it was over

FROG MAN

That last wave of B&E's last month. I think some arrest were made and all has been quite for 4-6 weeks.I hoped it was over for a while. Last weekend a neighbor got took for over 10K in valuables at his camp. They probably drove past mine to get to his there on the same road. Now I'm back on patrol checking my place.People love to get away for a weekend in the country but you can't have anything anymore. If I build a garage down there I bet it will have no windows and a door 12" thick. Did I mention I hate a thief.Got to be punks looking for something to steal and sell for drug money.

I had the camera up for about two weeks. No pictures and the batteries went dead. It was cold back then about 10 degrees at night. There may be something going on with the camera I'll try it again.Where can I get a bear trap?

Guest injunjoe

Have a sign proffesionally made that states you are not responsible for crippling injuries caused by booby traps while tresspassing on the property.

Looks like WV is clarifying the castle law. I might get a little shooting practice.

Posted on 02/29/2008 8:46:40 AM PST by kiriath_jearim

CHARLESTON — Quicker than a marksman could fire and reload, the House of Delegates agreed Thursday that a man’s home is his castle and it’s all right to gun down any intruder skulking about, in or out of the premises.

“Your home is your castle,” Sen. Shirley Love, D-Fayette exulted upon learning the House Judiciary Committee sent his 2-year-old bill out, absent any effort to either amend or debate it.

Within an hour, the full House shipped the bill on to Gov. Joe Manchin, with the only opposition vote cast by Delegate John Doyle, D-Jefferson.

“When you think about it, in this day and time, your home is even more so your castle. That old adage that the wind can come in and not the king is true. It really means something when you stop and think about it.”

Love began the push last year to upgrade West Virginia’s self-defense law with the backing of the National Rifle Association.

In mind was some protection in law that a homeowner could protect hearth and home and use deadly force, if needed, if he felt he and his family were imperiled by invaders.

Love’s bill would guarantee that a homeowner using such force could use the fear of potential harm as a “full and complete defense” if the intruder filed a lawsuit over his wounds or his survivors resorted to litigation.

This bill goes an extra step in allowing a property owner to use force outside the home if he feels a prowler is about to commit a felony, such as making off with an expensive yard implement, auto or other possession.

“We worked very hard with the chairs of both committees to craft a bill that we feel is very solid and very structured,” said Jordan Austin, state liaison for the NRA.

“It will guarantee an individual’s right to self-defense inside the home and outside the home.”

A stronger version offered by Sen. John Unger, D-Berkeley, would have blocked any injured prowler from even filing a lawsuit against a homeowner, but Austin said the Love bill would suit West Virginia’s needs.

An NRA movement began a few years ago to accord homeowners more protection began with Florida and now has expanded to 21 states with West Virginia now on board.

Austin wasn’t surprised to see the Love bill ease through the House panel without amendments or opposition votes.

“This has been the will of the people for quite a long time,” he said. “It has attracted lots of support from individuals in the state.”

West Virginia has never had a “duty to retreat” as some states do as a means of preventing a showdown with an intruder, “but we’re just making clear there is no duty to retreat,” Austin said.

Love said he has been overwhelmed with calls and e-mails from across the state expressing support.

“I think this gives homeowners a little more feeling of security that they can protect themselves, their families and their property without having the fear of being prosecuted by ones who are the intruders on their personal premises,” he added.

DAMN I WISH WE HAD POLITIONS LIKE THAT, I'm so bloody sick of criminals having more rights than the victims in our country! If we could only get a government with some back bone, and let us protect our families and property. It's gotten to a point were if you see a crime in place, and try to stop it the criminal's lawer makes you out to be the animal in the event, and you end being charged. I've told my wife I pity the idiot who comes into our house, no guns, baseball bat, and no call to the police, wait till the next night and dispose of the body.

FROGMAN I am with you I hate thieves and liars.

Redneck I like how you think. A 16 inch trap is a great idea and if

FROGMAN has bears in the area its even better.

INJUNJOE has the right idea just have signs made saying there are bear traps out in your woods to protect your property.

If some thief gets caught in it to bad, you had signs saying you were trapping bears.

Works for me..............................Ron

Guest KitCarson

Yesterday I was looking for a cool vest for summer wear.....the type that has chemical crystals in it....swell up and keep you cool in the hot weather...so I have a request.....if you fellows run across any of your neighbors that make these chemical crystals.....how bout save me some:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Had a wave of someone cutting cat converters off cars sitting outside repair garages over the weekend here in Central IL! Druggies mostly, will take anything, including power wires, copper gutters/roof, plumbing from deserted/houses under construction etc.

I like the sign about traps. If you build a secure looking building, better make sure it really IS secure, or you will just have to repair it anyway!

A good junkyard dog can help. Be sure to hide those security cameras, or they may take them too! :)

Seriously, I hope you solve the problem, and stay safe.