IGNORED

PC help

tufftom4

My home pc is wireless and I have a cable wireless modem, yesterday I could not connect to the internet even though it said I was connected so I turned on my work Verizon mifi jetpack and it connected to the internet so I pulled out my laptop and it connects to my cable wifi witch is how I am typing now so something is keeping my home pc from connecting to my cable wifi and I have run all my spyware and virus scans and reverted back to an earlier time any suggestions.

My lap top goes stupid every now and again, normally a good reboot fixes it, I have seen the time or two when I had to shut down the router and disconnect all the cables and reboot it before it would comunicate, do not ask me why it worked , it just did.

Also my Acer laptop has an ENet management icon on the lower right tool bar, opening that up and using the built in diagnostics on that usually works , not sure if your PC has something similar or not.

I would suggest that before to use your wireless on your new router, just connect your pc with a cable and be sure that you have connectivity, and you can reach the internet.

Once that is done, double check your settings on the router, on the wireless definitions:

Wireless ID NAME

Password

Encryption Level or Security type

Once that match your PC and ROUTER, then unplug the cable from your PC and try to reconnect through the Wireless to the router.

If you are able to do that, then check that you can access the internet.

Good Luck