IGNORED

Mounting a TomTom

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

I am looking to mount my TomTom Go910 and have picked out the proper Ram mount. My question is how/what do I use to make the electrical hookup to the rear of the unit. All I have is the bar shaped mount that is attached to the windshield suction cup mount.

Appreciate any input. The TomTom site is useless for any answers.

Guest ReinyRooster

Yes, that is the mount I will buy to physically mount the GPS, but then I need to get power to it. The only mounting method I currently own is a flatbar type connector that clips into the rear of the GPS and is mounted to the suction cup that attaches to the car windshield. The power cable plugs into the flatbar connector. I need to know what connector is out there that will clip into the rear of the GPS that is NOT attached to the suction cup.

Yes, that is the mount I will buy to physically mount the GPS, but then I need to get power to it. The only mounting method I currently own is a flatbar type connector that clips into the rear of the GPS and is mounted to the suction cup that attaches to the car windshield. The power cable plugs into the flatbar connector. I need to know what connector is out there that will clip into the rear of the GPS that is NOT attached to the suction cup.

Excuse my ignorance, but Tom-Tom's don't have, or come with, a 12vdc female plug in the housing??? If it did come with a 12vdc power cable cut the cig lighter plug off and wire it to your accessory fuse box for a one vehicle only install, or install a cig lighter power plug if you want to move it from vehicle to vehicle.

Guest ReinyRooster

I've found the answer, but in response to Condor's question, my TomTom has a gap at the back end ( Behave yourselves) where the mounting hardware snaps into. The power plug plugs into that mounting arm, so without the arm, I couldn't figure out how to get the power to the unti when it is sitting in the Ram mount. Problem is now solved though, thanks.