IGNORED

jet kit with out drilling

thats correct....I dont want to drill the plugs out.

want to know if this is another one of those 80/20 rule things. basic jet upgrade gets you 80% of the possible change of 1 yudoal and drilling...hacking...wacking...and slaping...gets you an incremental 20% of 1 yudoal . I would be fine with the 80% change of 1 yudoal

its like the change your plugs and get better.....and put in washers to point the gap to the intake to get more better. I just change the plugs I dont stack washers and you probally do not either.

You're going to all the trouble to pull the carbs off the bike and install jets but drilling out 4 little aluminum plugs is too inconvenient?:think:

Get the plugs out and do the job right.

thats correct....I dont want to drill the plugs out.

want to know if this is another one of those 80/20 rule things. basic jet upgrade gets you 80% of the possible change of 1 yudoal and drilling...hacking...wacking...and slaping...gets you an incremental 20% of 1 yudoal . I would be fine with the 80% change of 1 yudoal

its like the change your plugs and get better.....and put in washers to point the gap to the intake to get more better. I just change the plugs I dont stack washers and you probally do not either.

Drilling plugs out is primarily to adjust idle mixture. This is one of the basic steps most often taken well in advance of re-jetting.

Shimming of needles is a separate issue.

What are your expect to gain from re-jetting. Any air box or exhaust changes? Have you gotten a base line A/F reading to see what needs to be changed?

Gary

Most RSV do not benefit from larger jets. On both my 2000 and my 07, I have got better mpg by lowering my metering rods .040 to .060 of an inch.

Earl

definitely, jetting is all about richening up the fuel mixture to achive more power ....high AFR will always result in lower MPG.