IGNORED

Highway Pegs

Hoosierdrummer

I have a 1989 Venture Royale and I am looking for some highway pegs that will work for a taller guy that don't cost an arm and a leg. I am 6'2" and the floorboards i currently have mounted on my engine guards just aren't working. Any suggestions??? I am also looking for those chrome front rotor covers for it as well if anybody has an old set they are not using.

Are the rotor covers the same for the 2nd gen as the 1st gen. I currently have my rotor covers on my bike, but I bought the wrong disk lock and now need to ditch the covers or get a different lock.

so if they are the same, I will ship them to you. less chrome for me to polish. :cool10:

Are the rotor covers the same for the 2nd gen as the 1st gen. I currently have my rotor covers on my bike, but I bought the wrong disk lock and now need to ditch the covers or get a different lock.

so if they are the same, I will ship them to you. less chrome for me to polish. :cool10:

I don't know if they are the same or not. I thought I read somewhere that the rotor size between 1st and 2nd gen are different. Hopefully one of these guys on here can answer this question properly.

I have a 1989 Venture Royale and I am looking for some highway pegs that will work for a taller guy that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I feel your pain, brother. I am 6'4" and I too cannot find any highway pegs that don't cost me an arm and a leg. The Kuryakyn Offset Longhorn work pretty well when mounted on the forward vertical leg of the engine guards. They offer a fair amount of forward and rearward adjustment. But, they cost an arm and a leg, IMHO. A friend of mine, (Shorty, here) had them on his '87 and he is even taller than me and he swore by them Longhorns. But one big caveat (for me): he removed the lowers from the fairing to allow his legs to stay close to the bike when his feet were on the highway pegs. I really like the lowers on the First Gen and don't want to lose their benefits.

There is a thread here talking about the leg room in general on the First Gen, with a bit of talk about the highway pegs.

Here is a photo of Shorty's bike with Kuryakyn Longhorns. You'll have to look closely, though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=84286&stc=1&d=1400245083

Edited by Prairiehammer

Gentlemen,

I have a set of highway pegs on the forward bars that may work. I'm only 5'10" (shrunk some):shock3: So they are a real stretch for me. I'm still in New England and won't be back in AZ for at least another week....so can't get closeup pics for you, but maybe you can see them in my profile album....on a couple of shots of the VR. No name I could see on them...so..if you can wait...

I'm looking for some Kuri's that mount on rear engine guard for me...

david

Dave, I like your highway board mounts!

I have Markland highway boards that look very similar to yours, with the exception of the mounts. Currently, the Markland boards I have are mounted to the top of the engine guard, but it appears the mounts might be able to clamp on the engine guard further back. I've not tried, since I need more leg room not less.

Perhaps we could work a deal?

attachment.php?attachmentid=84288&stc=1&d=1400255744

attachment.php?attachmentid=84289&stc=1&d=1400255643

Tell you what, Kevin. When i get back to AZ...I'll contact you and ship my boards out to you. If they work for you, ship your boards to me. Maybe the mounts are all we need to exchange..be your call when you get my stuff..

I'm also thinking of changing my shifter and pegs to the cruiser style I'm more used to. But that's another day..

david

• 2 weeks later...
I feel your pain, brother. I am 6'4" and I too cannot find any highway pegs that don't cost me an arm and a leg. The Kuryakyn Offset Longhorn work pretty well when mounted on the forward vertical leg of the engine guards. They offer a fair amount of forward and rearward adjustment. But, they cost an arm and a leg, IMHO. A friend of mine, (Shorty, here) had them on his '87 and he is even taller than me and he swore by them Longhorns. But one big caveat (for me): he removed the lowers from the fairing to allow his legs to stay close to the bike when his feet were on the highway pegs. I really like the lowers on the First Gen and don't want to lose their benefits.

There is a thread here talking about the leg room in general on the First Gen, with a bit of talk about the highway pegs.

Here is a photo of Shorty's bike with Kuryakyn Longhorns. You'll have to look closely, though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=84286&stc=1&d=1400245083

The longhorns really do stretch you out.