IGNORED

Sea-Foam to the Rescue Again !!

GeorgeS

I am going to sing the praises of Sea-Foam again, here, this time for my 03 Chevy Blazer, with 103K on it.

The truck was loosing Power, bogging down at 2500 RPM, Almost undrivable.

OK, on a Monday, I put 2 cans of Techroline in full tank of fuel.

I pulled out the CAT Converter, to make sure it was not Plugged !

I made sure the rest of Exhaust system Not plugged !

I found a bad MAF Sensor, and replaced. But that did not fix problem.

I started replaceing parts, ---------- Fuel Filter , Distributor, Dist-cap, rotor, Wires, Plugs, MAP sensor, Ing Coil, Ignitior unit, Crankshaft pos sensor, Camshaft position sensor.

The Fuel Pressure at input to Injectors was 60Lb.

However, the INtake Vacuum reading was dropping down to about 12 IN . mercury when trying to Accelerate Engine RPM. ( Very Bad sign )

Bye now, its Thursday of that week, I decided to put TWO cans of Sea-Foam in the tank, now down to a bout 8 gallons of fuel.

Friday Evening about 7PM, I noted that the engine was starting to run a BIT!! ( just a little ) Better.

Sat Morning, started it up, and WA LA!!! Its Drivable, Bye noon Sat. was running Normal !!!!

The INtake Vaccuum Readings were Now Normal staying above 20 In. mercury.

OK, I found in Chilton manuel, there is a Pressure Regulator, and Fuel Screen Just In Front. of the 6 Injectors. APPARENTLY THE SEA - FOAM , finally Cleared up the Pressure Regulator, ---- OR --- the fuel Screen.

OR--- Possibly there was blockage back at the fuel pump in the tank ???

Anyway !!!!!!!!! Long story , Short, SEA-FOAM, TO THE RESCUE!!! AGAIN :cool10::cool10:

I also found on many web sites, that this is a very common problem on these 4.3 L V6 Chevy engines !!!

Edited by GeorgeS

Sea foam has cured a few of my engines in the past, especially weed whackers and those pesky carb problems they have frequently. Just a spoonful or two in your weed whacker every so often works wonders. If you have to choke it to get it to run right, give Sea Foam a try.

I blame ethanol for most of the problems.

Sea foam has cured a few of my engines in the past, especially weed whackers and those pesky carb problems they have frequently. Just a spoonful or two in your weed whacker every so often works wonders. If you have to choke it to get it to run right, give Sea Foam a try.

I blame ethanol for most of the problems.

Where I live, there are several gas stations that sell alcohol free premium and at least one that I know of that sells alcohol free regular and premium. It does cost more.

Yep, somebody else believes the truth out there! :cool10:

Add one more!! A regular diet of Sea-Foam holds back most of the crud this "New" fuel gives us. The junk really sucks!! I use Marvel Mystery Oil for regular maint. And Sea-Foam when I feel it needs a little extra. If it gets real bad BerryMan's Chem Tech.