IGNORED

Ha, dealers

ACE50

Just got a quote to adjust my valves (I'm gonna do it, just wondering what they would do it for) from Honda/Kaw dealer.

$200 just to check them and upwards ($450) if needed to adjust as they would have to pull the cams! :rotf:

Still trying to get ahold of Yamaha dealer. Maybe pull the engine?!!!

Sounds like they are not familiar with the engine as the cams do NOT need to be removed to swap out shims. Not to mention $200 to check would be a steal. Definitely a 5-10 hour [minimum] job (on the RSV anyway) for someone that knows what they are doing...

Hey Jeff if you become a millionaire Because of this thread do we get a cut???:think::whistling:

:rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl:

Lets see, for what I make on these I still need to sell 3 or 4 to every venture owner on the planet, to even start sniffing that first mil.

ACE if your keeping the bike, you might as well pony up and buy a tool from Jeff. Last I saw he was selling them cheaper than I bought mine for just a few weeks before he started to make them (Figures) Anyways be careful, as the last couple of guys that it was their first time adjusting the valves had issues with flying shims. I am guessing they did not get them seated well before releasing the tool and either broke part of the bucket that holds the shim because it moved or they flipped the shim out and into outer space. Well they thought it was, but actually the radiator caught it. Its not had to change the shims out you just need to make sure they are seated down in the bucket. I usually take a flat bladed screw driver and give it a tap on the center as best I can to make sure its down.

It took me about 6-8 hours to get all the bits out of the way before I could get to actually checking the valves.