IGNORED

cruise control problem HELP!!!!!

winder16

Mine acts like it does not set, but when I release the throttle, it drops 5 mph then picks back up. This is explained in my thread Cruise Control Delay Part 2. Sorry, I do not know how to link to other threads in a post. Go to "search" at the top menu bar, and put in "cruise control". Read both my threads "part I" and "part II" and see if yours is really acting like mine. All the responses I got on here before involved hitting the "accel" button immediately after hitting the "send". In "part II" I described my symptoms in more detail, and did not get any info that helped. I have not however, pulled the left leg cowling and checked for slack in the cable yet. It is either too cold, or I have to work.

Check it out and let me know if yours is acting the same, or is truly not setting at all..

If it does not set at all, it is a break somewhere in the "cancel" circuit, which loops thru both brake switches, the cancel switch, and a speed sensor switch somewhere. Sorry, I dont' have a wiring diagram. I read it all while researching my problem, brake switches stuck on, shorts at the cancel switch, cancel switch stuck down, etc.

I ride an 86 and have had that problem, it turned out to be the switch on the clutch. The lever wasn't coming out all the way. I added a spring on the clutch lever to bring it out all of the way.

I ride an 86 and have had that problem, it turned out to be the switch on the clutch. The lever wasn't coming out all the way. I added a spring on the clutch lever to bring it out all of the way.

Thanks for the info i will check it out.

Mine acts like it does not set, but when I release the throttle, it drops 5 mph then picks back up. This is explained in my thread Cruise Control Delay Part 2. Sorry, I do not know how to link to other threads in a post. Go to "search" at the top menu bar, and put in "cruise control". Read both my threads "part I" and "part II" and see if yours is really acting like mine. All the responses I got on here before involved hitting the "accel" button immediately after hitting the "send". In "part II" I described my symptoms in more detail, and did not get any info that helped. I have not however, pulled the left leg cowling and checked for slack in the cable yet. It is either too cold, or I have to work.

Check it out and let me know if yours is acting the same, or is truly not setting at all..

If it does not set at all, it is a break somewhere in the "cancel" circuit, which loops thru both brake switches, the cancel switch, and a speed sensor switch somewhere. Sorry, I dont' have a wiring diagram. I read it all while researching my problem, brake switches stuck on, shorts at the cancel switch, cancel switch stuck down, etc.

Thanks BUBBA, I will look at this things and read the thread when i get a chance.

Make sure the switches on the brakes (both hand and foot) are not sticking. They can cause this type of problem. I'm sure other members may have more suggestions. Good luck.

Thanks Stanman, i will check it out i hope i will not have to tear it down to far.

Doesn't work at all? Have you possibly changed the throttle cables for longer ones or something, where you had the junction box apart? If you don't get the pulleys back together just right in there, the cruise won't work at all. It's trying to work actually, but it can't engage the throttle cables.