IGNORED

Got the tank badging for my '99 RSV today....

YamahaLarry

from the guy whom I purchased my bike this past Wednesday. He had removed them and luckily, came across them Friday and gave me a call. Saved me some bucks there.

Long story short, since these were removed, I have to clean the original tape or whatever it is off of the back of the emblems and then apply some new tape or whatever it is.

My question: What is the whatever it is? Tape? Can it be purchased at an auto parts store, whatever it is?

Thanks in advance. Loving the RSV. Just need more time to get out and RIDE (other than my trips to/from work).

The auto paint store we have here carries a special two sided tape to hold emblems on. Not sure what the name is, but it is not as thick as most two sided tapes and is made to handle the various weather conditions. If you have an auto paint store, it may be worth checking out.

RandyA

I use auto emblem adhesive. It comes in a normal tube like other auto adhesives. It is a lot more permanent and there is a lot of ways to screw it up (seep out the sides, slides while wet, instantly bonds everything except the emblem)

I don't know why the heck I use that crap. I guess i like the challenge or i like self inflicted pain and agony.

Note that if you use double sided tape then it is good to gently warm the surface of the tank with a heat gun as well as the tape when it has been applied to the emblem and the surface protective strip removed. Has worked good for me. Also make sure to clean all surfaces extremely good.

These tapes come in many different qualities and some of them are not worth a dime - hope you find the right one.

from the guy whom I purchased my bike this past Wednesday. He had removed them and luckily, came across them Friday and gave me a call. Saved me some bucks there.

Long story short, since these were removed, I have to clean the original tape or whatever it is off of the back of the emblems and then apply some new tape or whatever it is.

My question: What is the whatever it is? Tape? Can it be purchased at an auto parts store, whatever it is?

Thanks in advance. Loving the RSV. Just need more time to get out and RIDE (other than my trips to/from work).

Why would you want to? Looks so much better without or with what I put on. But then again I never did like many of the big gaudy badges that the manufactures put on.

Edited by Raider58

Why would you want to? Looks so much better without or with what I put on. But then again I never did like many of the big gaudy badges that the manufactures put on.

I like the badges myself, and about any other piece of chrome that can be added.

As a note, picked up the 3M tape, cut it to size where it would not be right on the edges and applied it to the 'clean' tank that had been sitting in the 85 degree sun for a few hours. Seems to be on there pretty tight and close fit. Time will tell.

Thanks to all that replied!!!