IGNORED

Dyna 3000

No. You have to change the numbers in the table (using the downloaded software with the module connected). The table has RPM in one column and degrees of advance in the other. You can change the degrees of advance to retard or advance the timing. You can also change the rev limiter RPM setpoint. Then you have to hit the load program icon and it will load to the module. Always make small changes and always keep record of where you started.

It is not for the layman mechanic. I got the recommended changes by calling their Tech Support number. I'm sure you can do some damage if the numbers get too far out of time or the bike just won't run.

The low RPM was the only problem I had with the module and it worked fine when beyond the 1500 RPM level so I only changed the 3 lowest rpm settings. I talked to Larry at Tech support so he should know about someone calling to work on a 2005 Yamaha Venture at low RPM. Hope that helps.

Here is the link to software download - module must be plugged in to look at and modify the curve.

http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/downloads/Support-Released/Dynatek/CURRENT%20MASTER%20CURVEMAKER/Dynatek_CurveMaker_D3K.zip

Thanks for the link - I loaded the software, then:

• noticed that Curve 1 is labeled High Compression
  • Curve 2 is High Performance with much higher advanced timing settings
  • I saved all curve files in a zip file
  • then modified curve 1 with just a touch higher for bottom 3 rpm settings
    - saved it as custom
  • Curve 2 is what is used without a curve switch, so
    - i switched to curve 2 - loaded my custom file
  • will program my Dynatek later & test with 87 octane

the factory curve 2 appears to be set for premium & engine mods

- I will see if this solves my pinging with 87 & low rpm lag

------------------------------------

Can't do it today, today's efforts are installing a Torqeedo electric outboard on the boat for the wife.

JB

They say the #2 curve is what should be used and #1 is for engine mods. I'll check back with them next week to be sure. That is what the paperwork that came with the module said so be careful.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link - I loaded the software, then:

• noticed that Curve 1 is labeled High Compression
  • Curve 2 is High Performance with much higher advanced timing settings
  • I saved all curve files in a zip file
  • then modified curve 1 with just a touch higher for bottom 3 rpm settings
    - saved it as custom
  • Curve 2 is what is used without a curve switch, so
    - i switched to curve 2 - loaded my custom file
  • will program my Dynatek later & test with 87 octane

the factory curve 2 appears to be set for premium & engine mods

- I will see if this solves my pinging with 87 & low rpm lag

------------------------------------

Can't do it today, today's efforts are installing a Torqeedo electric outboard on the boat for the wife.

JB

Here are my current curve settings... running some tanks of 87 octane through

FULL Partial

-----------------------------------------------------

100 5 100 5

800 5 800 5

----- 1300 7

1500 5 1500 10

2000 11 2000 17

2500 15 2500 20

3500 25 3500 32

4000 28

5000 32 5000 38

8000 32 8000 38

JB

Not sure what diagnostic light you are talking about. The dash warning lights work fine. There are also LED diagnostic lights on the back of the Dyna 3000. The green light means unit is powered up and the red light indicates 50% of wide open throttle. Can be checked with ignition key turned on and then twist throttle (bike not running).

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent my custom curve information to Dynatek support for comment & review.

My custom curve was set to run my Trike on 87 octane with focus on torque.

My engine is pretty much custom 2002 - slight mod to intake - Harley mufflers

I'll share any response from The vendor.

JohnB

I've sent my custom curve information to Dynatek support for comment & review.\...\I'll share any response from The vendor.

JohnB

I asked this of Dynatek Support:

• I sent my custom curve settings & asked what they thought of it
    • just got a vague generic response

[*]Asked them if they wanted to receive this kind of info going forward

• no response to this

Here is the generic statement...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The trike, being heavier than stock and having greater rolling resistance may, as with any machine, require timing be pulled out to eliminate pinging. Our default timing curve, as designed for relatively stock machines to enhance performance, would be too aggressive for your application. What is the proper timing curve? Unfortunately, every application may be different. I personally would add 1 or 2 degrees of timing from idle to about

1500 rpm. Then, you will really have to make small changes to eliminate the pinging. Also, you will always need to be sure to use a premium grade fuel due to the effects of the added weight and rolling resistance inherent to a trike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't accept the thought that premium fuel is required. My curve already had shown that. While using the stock ignition, I didn't need to burn premium. However, the common thought is proper. You need to make changes & then test. I'll report back in after my mpg is known.

JB

Edited by First_N_Last

The issue i guess is that Dyna probably sells 1 yamaha module to 10 or more of every other bike out there, so their response will be slow to non-existent unless you jump and down on somebody.

having said that like every other problem this group will come together and solve it.:7_6_3[1]:

• 2 weeks later...