IGNORED

My Zumo got sicky-poo !

BEER30

My Zumo got sicky-poo , so it's off to Kansas tomorrow . Not to see Dorothy or the Wiz , but to get fixed . For the last several months , my touch screen has been a bit touchy or shall I say "Stucky" . Also the screens would switch to other prompts or not even respond to commands . These issues happened every once in awhile for the past few months , but I thought it was the cold that affected it . Today it was in the 70's and suddenly it froze up ..... I mean froze!!!!!! I followed every trouble shooting tip in the manual without prevail , so I call Garmin's tech support.

I got my Zumo when they first came out . I've logged over 25K on it , downloading routes and other info. , keeping the memory down to a minimum . Making sure I kept up on all the updates as well . As I spoke to the nice gentleman on the phone (Garmin's Tech support), explaining what the Zumo was doing and what all I did to try to correct the issue , it mentioned that I did all that what could be done as if he had told me what to do . So after telling him my serial # of the Zumo , he checked on the registration date to see that my Zumo's warranty was definitely out , way out of date it was . The next words out of his mouth was , "Let me give you a RMA# to return the unit back to us for repair , UNDER WARRANTY!" ....WOW , I couldn't believe it as I got my Zumo back in mid year '06 . He also said that it would take about 10 days for repair and a few more days to return . They are also going to send me a new security screw that I lost out of the cradle and a new security screwdriver that I misplaced .

So tomorrow , it's off to get repaired , if not replaced and at no charge . Though my cuz works as an engineer at Garmin in the avionics division , (snicker-snicker) and I didn't mention it to Garmin , I am total surprised ! And will be back in Hog-Heaven in somewhat 2 weeks from now when it returns .

I hope my wife doesn't tells me to get lost now , cause I actually will now without my GPS .:rotf::rotf:

BEER30

Guest KitCarson

I have had several Garmin products.....boat depthfinders mainly.......they never quibble.....in fact will most of the time just send you a new one. They win a lot of long term customers this way ........I will always buy a Garmin product......try calling Lowrance about fogging inside the sight window...um er....that is normal......all of them do that.......Garmin just sends you a new one and an apology.

Yes , I remembered to take my card out . Also I was able to download a backup of all my routes and POI's before it finally froze up .

It was a Zumo 550 .

Just boxed it up , placed an UPS label on it and it's waiting by the door for the guy in the big brown truck to do his thing .

Now for the rest of the day is to get my computer back together , as it crashed last week and now trying to transfer all my old files onto the new hard drive . Just ain't my week for electronics ! :confused24::whistling:

BEER30

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Zumo back yesterday , Brand New ! Updated with 2008 map . I even noticed a few new features that wasn't on my first Zumo . I've noticed more navigational features on the side buttons to switch to different screens and also the truck , bus , etc... variants .

Now to find out how to restore all my previous info. that was downloaded onto the puter back onto the new Zumo .

It may take a case or two or possibly a Keg to accomplish this task !

BEER30

Guest tx2sturgis
My Zumo got sicky-poo , so it's off to Kansas tomorrow .

When I first saw that subject line, I thought maybe you were following a cattle truck too close!

:cool10:

Yuck!