IGNORED

Streaming Audio Test..please tune in

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Since there are several of you guys on tonite, wanna help me test a streaming server?

open this link:

http://216.167.132.7:8000/listen.m3u

It should open your windows player and start the strream...

Hopefully its working well enough to test it...it can only support a few listeners right now...its in TEST mode!

Audio reports are wanted too, so feel free to post anything you notice, poor quality, skipping, that sort of thing!

Joe Walsh always brings back memories. I saw him live at the Oakland Coliseum's Day on the Green back in the mid 70's with CSNY and The Band. 45,000 people monster-rock concerts. Those were some interesting times.

Anyway ..., Internet streaming quality is about a 7 out of 10. Not too bad. Music choice was great. I listened to it on a Comcast cable modem.

I would like to have seen some sort of simple audio controls like volume, pause, stop, play. A Venture-skinned WinAmp interface would be a nice touch.

There's my two cents.

Be Safe! Pete.

Guest tx2sturgis
Joe Walsh always brings back memories. I saw him live at the Oakland Coliseum's Day on the Green back in the mid 70's with CSNY and The Band. 45,000 people monster-rock concerts. Those were some interesting times.

Anyway ..., Internet streaming quality is about a 7 out of 10. Not too bad. Music choice was great. I listened to it on a Comcast cable modem.

I would like to have seen some sort of simple audio controls like volume, pause, stop, play. A Venture-skinned WinAmp interface would be a nice touch.

There's my two cents.

Be Safe! Pete.

Well I dont know how to do all that....its probably up to the listener to choose a player...im not sure how that part works...

I'm just kinda playin right now...i've never done this streaming before...kinda fun.

Thanks for the 'signal' report!

Guest tx2sturgis
Been up finishing reports for work. I'm running extreme DSL. Windows Player popped right up and the stream flowed uninterrupted.

bedtime!

Thanks!

Never heard of extreme dsl...is that a provider? or a speed?

Guest tx2sturgis
It works on Fedora Linux too. Opera popped up Realplayer, which used the default system user interface.

Nice job.

I take it you have more than just the average cable internet connection.

Actually, I'm just streaming with a DSL, i dont know what the upstream rate is...probably around 512k...but thats a guess.

Its supposed to be about 1.5 m downstream.

Thanks!

It was chopped for me, poor quality. I have cable with 3.7 meg download. But being in Del Rio makes things slow down a bit. I think it's because we are so far from civilization it takes time for light to reach us.

Brian,

Extreme DSL is what AT&T call their fastest DSL available to a home in my region. I live out in the country and they just made DSL available to me in December 07. At home I can visually see the CO hardware just down the road and receive 7 MB and 8MB download speed at the box outside my house. I receive a constant 5.5MB to 6.5 MB download speed at my router.

I could only receive dial-up for years. So now I'm as happy as a pig in slop with my Internet connection.

-Tim

Works great this am pretty cool deal, does is slow down other stuff your doing on the net?

oh and next time you come through Clovis area and have time give a hollar I'll met you for coffee or something Plainview aint terrible far from here did some work there a while back.

Guest mmmouse

Sounds good here, but a little Walton & Johnson would be nice!!!

10%ers Speak Out!!

WooHoo!! :225: waltonandjohnson.com