My 05 RSTD has been running rough the last two times I used it for the first few miles and yesterday when I started it one of the carb. must have a stuck float. It was running fuel out of the blow by hose. Has anyone else had problems with this or the new fuel with alcohol?

Thanks Bill

My 05 RSTD has been running rough the last two times I used it for the first few miles and yesterday when I started it one of the carb. must have a stuck float. It was running fuel out of the blow by hose. Has anyone else had problems with this or the new fuel with alcohol?

Thanks Bill

Bill- You might try tapping on the bowl with a light hammer to see if the valve frees up, or if that doesn't work try pulling the fuel line and running some Sea Foam directly into the bowl and let it sit over night. I don't know your rigging habits, but if the scoot sits for long enough periods of time where the fuel evaporates out of the bowl it could leave enough residue on the needle to cause it to stick.?? -Jack

Bill

I had the same problem in the spring. One of the needle valves or do they call them pins was stuck in the open position so when I started the bike the gas would come out of the bypass tube. The dealer replaced it with a stainless steel pin. They only do this once under warranty so try to get them to replace all 4 pins while they have the carbs apart.