IGNORED

Fuel Pump Power Supply

Thanks for the info. I removed and cleaned the stop switch (not impressed with the construction) and the problem is currently not happening. I installed the relay and reassembled the bike. I have a new fuse box arriving this week so will install that asap. So, for now, I am OK. And the knowledge I've gained about the pump system will enable me to make repairs on the road if needed. Thanks for the ignition switch offer but I will hold off for now. Thanks again, you guys are great.

Great to hear, Unfortunately, for me, I had to learn all of these lessons on I80 trying to get home.

Great! Just don't forget about your secondary issue with the ignition switch, it may eventually cause all sorts of gremlins to pop up...:smash2:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Great! Just don't forget about your secondary issue with the ignition switch, it may eventually cause all sorts of gremlins to pop up...:smash2:

I won't but I'm hoping when I eliminate the wires attached to the battery and the other wires I've attached incorrectly and install them properly and clean up the connections at the fuse box I won't see the voltage drop. I read the ignition switch maintenance procedure and only want to do if absolutely necessary. I did trace the wires from the ignition and cleaned those connections also.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a 1000 mile ride over five days and wanted to let you know my fuel pump issue did not occur. As I had indicated, a voltage drop was causing the fuel pump relay not to engage the fuel pump. Here's what I did:

1. Cleaned all the connectors behind the headlight.

2. Cleaned the engine kill switch.

3. Replaced the fuse box with a new one from Skydoc.

Thank you to everyone who provided advice. The good thing about a problem is the knowledge you acquire fixing it and the advice and support from people who have been there.