IGNORED

Test ride

I rode the 93 again today. It misses; there is a clicking sound in conjunction with (in sync) with the miss. It's sounds like it's coming from forward and to the left of the battery. Isn't that where the TCI is? What else could make a noise like that?

Also I have a GAP between the rear brake caliper BRACKET and the opening of the frame where the axel goes through the frame and the caliper bracket. Is a washer supposed to go here? Yamaha's diagram isn't very clear on this.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/dna9656/rearwheel.gif

They show a washer but not it's relationship to the caliper bracket. I can't realty tell by looking at the 85 VR ;and I don't have the room to be removing the wheel on it right now.

Missing....and 'clicking' sound that is synchronous? Sounds like an ignition short circuit for LF cylinder. Sparking to frame maybe.......

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

You and Parriehammer are correct! I started her up and looked up there from the bottom along side the l/h fork tube and there it was! a Great big spark, intemitant like just like it should be! I replaced ALL the Ing. wires without taking the fairing off and confirmed with a spare plug that she's firin' on all 4 cylinders which is more than I can say for some of the folks around here including me!