IGNORED

Found a reasonable priced gen 2

jakester

For what it is worth I do roam craigs list regularly and I have found a 2001 venture listed for $3,000. It shows under 70 k miles. If one of you is hunting a fair priced gen 2, this may work for you. I do not know how to post links, so go to Lubbock texas craigs list and look under motorcycles.

Bill:cool10:

That kinda makes me wonder what my 06 2nd Gen Venture is worth. The scoot only has 71,000 miles on her and I'm not sure if that is considered low mileage and would have any effect on the market value.

Boomer....who's NOT considering selling...just a bit curious for sure.:rotf:

Maybe it is just me, but the colors look weird on it... The lower cowling look like the '99 purple and the red/black look more like the 2007ish and the tank looks like it has been repainted.

I know that pictures in bright sunlight can be tricky to actually come out well but, just an observation and posting the link.

I have no connection to this bike, what so ever -- just posting the link for Jakester here.

########

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/mcy/4358590352.html

That kinda makes me wonder what my 06 2nd Gen Venture is worth. The scoot only has 71,000 miles on her and I'm not sure if that is considered low mileage and would have any effect on the market value.

Boomer....who's NOT considering selling...just a bit curious for sure.:rotf:

I was having similar thoughts as I may need to sell my 01 [in the far superior Green/Green color] with 70k+ miles on it...

Maybe it is just me, but the colors look weird on it... The lower cowling look like the '99 purple and the red/black look more like the 2007ish and the tank looks like it has been repainted.

I know that pictures in bright sunlight can be tricky to actually come out well but, just an observation and posting the link.

I have no connection to this bike, what so ever -- just posting the link for Jakester here.

########

If you look at the photo of the bike in the garage and compare fairing to the tank, trunk, and bags it looks good. I would consider he's probably using his cell phone for the outdoor photos

and it's throwing the color off. If someone were close it would certainly be worth checking out.

For what it is worth I do roam craigs list regularly and I have found a 2001 venture listed for $3,000. It shows under 70 k miles. If one of you is hunting a fair priced gen 2, this may work for you. I do not know how to post links, so go to Lubbock texas craigs list and look under motorcycles.

Bill:cool10:

I have been doing the same thing Jake, been a crazy winter for bike prices for sure!! I have been SHOCKED at the Craigs bike prices (and Ebay) in California, Florida and Texas all winter.. For what its worth, I picked up a 2007 HD Super Glide Custom with 19K on it a couple months ago for $4000. The PO's grandfather owned a HD shop in upper Michigan. After I paid for the bike I inquired as to why his grandfather didnt just put the bike on the floor for him and get "list" out of it.. Guy told me his grampa had only sold 1 bike since October of last year!! While we were chatting his Grampa walked in and verified what the guy was saying.. Bottom line, they (and all our shops around here) are VERY nervous of what the combination of really bad economic times and this crazy weather is going to do to bike sales this year..

I did turn around and resell the bike , made a couple bucks (1200) but it was not an easy sell!! Sure got me scratching my head!! The reason why is, HISTORICALLY SPEAKING, when values on HD drop all the other brands drop too.. Real scary if your in the business!

EVERYONE around here is hoping and praying that its all due to this crazy sub zero weather BUT, the reality of that is yet to be proven!!

Good post, THANKS!!

Puc

########

The paint just looks very sun faded to me, I'll bet everything on this bike is weather and cracked, just my opinion.