IGNORED

Exhaust Inlet

The bottoms of my mufflers are pretty rusty. Last week I started sanding them in the hopes of painting them. Well I decided that I would just figure something else out. So for now I am looking at going the Thrush glasspack route. For around $50 I can have decent looking pipes for a while. Not sure if I will get the silver and just install or the red and wrap them with black header wrap (I hate chrome and have wanted black pipes anyway) They have several different inlets and I am not sure which one I need. They have one with a 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlets that I was thinking about. But only if the 3" inlet will mount right up. If not, I will just go with 2 straight pipes and be done. So if someone could tell me what size inlet I need, I would appreciate it. Thanks

:confused: So you are looking for the size of inlet you will need for a replacement muffler? I saw last year where a fellow put some thrush muffler on a 1st gen. Wouldnt it be easier to go the HD RK route. You could still get the black BBQ paint and take care of the chrome issue. I have a set of RK I can measure the inlets on tomorrow. But it seems to me they are less than 2"

:confused: So you are looking for the size of inlet you will need for a replacement muffler? I saw last year where a fellow put some thrush muffler on a 1st gen. Wouldnt it be easier to go the HD RK route. You could still get the black BBQ paint and take care of the chrome issue. I have a set of RK I can measure the inlets on tomorrow. But it seems to me they are less than 2"

The problem is spending the cash on them now. The Thrush I can do for under $100 including some tips for the ends. And yes I am looking for the size of the end that will slip onto the header. Thanks