IGNORED

Air and Rad help/opinions

I need some sage advice. 2003 venture. Do I really want to, or will I even notice, going to a K & N air filter system?

What is the best radiator mix for a bike that will ride from 5C ( 41F ) to 39C ( 102F ) Both short rides in traffic and 3-4 hard 10 hr days.

Also, how do I get the maps of USA and Canada on my page so I can start the filling in?:fingers crossed:

Unless you also open up your exhaust and do a little carb tuning, the K&N's will just decrease your gas mileage. a 50/50 mix is the best regardless of what temp range you are driving in. Don't waste your money on premix, mix your own and save money.

I don't do the signature maps so you're on your own but I'm sure you will get an answer soon enough...

Unless you also open up your exhaust and do a little carb tuning, the K&N's will just decrease your gas mileage.

I strongly disagree with that statement Bob. I've had K&N for years and consistently get over 40 mpg riding two up. I've even hit 50 mpg on occasion. NO changes to the stock settings on the carbs. I did open up the air box a bit and changed to after market mufflers but if you don't change the head pipes there's no need to retune the carbs.

Here's the link for the ride maps.

http://www.epgsoft.com/index.html

I need some sage advice. 2003 venture. Do I really want to, or will I even notice, going to a K & N air filter system?

To get the best out of the K&N's, you need to open up the air box opening 50% and change out the slow jets up one size. You should feel a noticeable improvement.

Still get 40 MPG.

A VMAX shaft drive really helps too! :stirthepot:

I cant help with this one. I have a 1st gen so it is already fast. :rasberry:

What is the best radiator mix for a bike that will ride from 5C ( 41F ) to 39C ( 102F ) Both short rides in traffic and 3-4 hard 10 hr days.
As mentioned above 50/50 is the best mix. The antifreeze is also an anti boil so it is needed at both extremes of temperature. The antifreeze also lubricates the seal on the water pump and helps to control corrosion inside of the cooling system.

Also, how do I get the maps of USA and Canada on my page so I can start the filling in?:fingers crossed:

This one is easy too. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68554

Adding 4 or 6 holes with a diameter of 1/2" was being done for awhile but.... read the thread above and do a search for "holes in air box". You'll see multiple view points on the results.

Most that added holes (I just opened up inlet) didn't do any carb changes. Adjusting needles don't help, you just decrease your MPG. I found larger slow jets were the ticket to match the airbox changes. My friend who is a carb genius even says it runs perfect now.