IGNORED

rear tire and brake pads

crazygaucho

my rear tire could be the original metzler with 14k miles it is pretty Bald

after doing intensive "home work" here in the forum and ,

because I live in southern Florida and rain can't be avoid I think I'm going to order Michelin commander II(any news if they going to star making a front tire for us?) they seem to behave better on rain than the Dunlops E3

while I'm at it going to replace my brake pads too

I think I'm going to try some organics any suggestions?

I want to be able to stop the bike normally I don't enjoy replacing pads every other week but I know that if they last too much is because they are eating your rotors, so rather replace pads than rotors lol

I already have my 12 bucks worth !!! but any suggestion and or input on tires and pads will be greatly appreciated

14k on the Metz rear is a lot. I've gone through 2 Metz rears and changed them at about 11k each.

When the 3rd Metz through a chunk after 1k, I switched to the Michelin Commanders. I only have a few 100 miles on them but they have been nice!

I would stick with the EBC brakes. I tried another brand and they squeaked at the end of each stop. I have had no issues replacing he pads with each rear tire.

Good luck!

Gaucho,

There has still not been any official word about Michelin commander II for the front, although they know there is an interest. You won't be disappointed in its handling and performance if they are anything close to, or exceed the original commanders. Great tires...

thank you guys I going with the EBC pads then ............. there is a change of plans and I'm not going to be riding for a few days lol.

I was trying to save some money (to get the tires was my reward) and, I was pressure washing/painting my own roof and fell from top of the ladder when going down .......

I was bleeding from my head and wife got scared called paramedics and got me to an ER now I'm okay but my back and clutch hand hurts like hell .......... I guess gonna stay home for a few days and wait for the bill (there goes my savings) before I can move the bike around.

the main thing is that I'm still above ground and, everything else it's cheap if can buy it with money,

and Barry thanks again for the guardian bell I should've hang it from the ladder

When you do get the tire on the bike, you will like the Michelin CII.

I got between 20 & 22K miles on my first one on my RSV (and could have rode more).

Usually got 13-15K on the Venoms.

Good handling always even is last miles. Got them on rear of both Royals.

Wish they would make a stock front.

SO, I put E3 on front for both bikes. Seems to be a great match.

Pack a chute!

I live in Tampa, FL and put 23,000 miles each on my first 2 rear Michelon Comander II's. I get 19,000 on the front. A dealer accidenlty put a rear Michelon rated tire on the front and I got 33,000 because of the hardness and it handled fine. i keep the pressures at 38 psi. They wouldn't install a rear on the front again. I now have a car tire on the rear of my RSV and it's got around 10,000 on it and it shows no wear at all and I keep it at 35 psi. Car tire is the best improvement on my bike as it stops and rides better plus the cornering feels more secure as there is a larger footprint on the pavement. This helps with our wet roads and sugar sand that can build on turns. I suspect the tire will dry rot before it wears out and I expect to get around 50,000+ miles on it. Another plus is you can safely plug a car tire if you are left on the side of the road. I have found the cheapie $9 brake pads on Ebay eat the rotors rapidly. EBC's work well for me. By the way, I have an '04 RSV Midnght.

I live in Tampa, FL and put 23,000 miles each on my first 2 rear Michelon Comander II's. I get 19,000 on the front. A dealer accidenlty put a rear Michelon rated tire on the front and I got 33,000 because of the hardness and it handled fine. i keep the pressures at 38 psi. They wouldn't install a rear on the front again. I now have a car tire on the rear of my RSV and it's got around 10,000 on it and it shows no wear at all and I keep it at 35 psi. Car tire is the best improvement on my bike as it stops and rides better plus the cornering feels more secure as there is a larger footprint on the pavement. This helps with our wet roads and sugar sand that can build on turns. I suspect the tire will dry rot before it wears out and I expect to get around 50,000+ miles on it. Another plus is you can safely plug a car tire if you are left on the side of the road. I have found the cheapie $9 brake pads on Ebay eat the rotors rapidly. EBC's work well for me. By the way, I have an '04 RSV Midnght.