IGNORED

Satellite Radio

Gary N.

Well, I've had my Roady II satellite radio on my bike since about '05 or '06 and I'm thinking of up grading. My subscription is up and when I called XM I found out I can get a life time subscription. Don't know why I never asked before. Anyway if my radio dies they want another $50 to change radios so I'm thinking maybe I should get a new radio first and then get the life time subscription.

The one I'm looking at is called Onyx EZ. Anyone have experience with this one or advice on a different model. I would like to be able to move the radio from my bike to my truck or motor home. I already have antenna and power cords installed in these vehicles and I understand the Onyx is compatible with these.

Guest tx2sturgis

I have an Onyx and it works great...it doesnt have instant replay, and only 10 presets, but it works well as far as reception. I use it on my truck, so I cant say how well it will hold up on a bike, but I assume it will be fine there as well, unless it gets rained on...

I have the lifetime also....If you ask the customer service people, they can offer deals such as a free radio with the lifetime, or a prorated discount on your remaining subscription...whatever applies in your case.

And, again, if you ask, they can waive the transfer fee in the future if that Onyx dies or gets stolen, whatever...you will have to buy a new radio thru XM/sirius rather than thru Amazon or a local store to get that waiver.

Again, just ask the rep you talk to...they can usually figure a deal when your about to drop $500 or more on a lifetime subscription.

:happy34:

I bought my GPS unit from an authorized repair off e-bay. It is a 765t and they were phasing them out. but when I bought it I could also get an extended warrenty thru square trade. It was reasonable and I figured being I was going to use on the bike it was worth it. I normaly cover it in heavy rain with the baggy trick. I would assume you could do the same with the XM. Just an idea and food for thought