IGNORED

brake caliper switch?

I am installing r6 calipers on the front of my 87. The oem rear caliper has grooves worn in it from the brake pads. I'm wondering if I can use the front right caliper in the rear. It looks the same other than the bleeder is in a different location, but there is also more open space between the halves. I don't know why but there is about 3/16" difference between them.

Thanks

Aaron

Because of the Bleeder position of the right front R6 caliper being moved to the rear position, it is almost impossible to get that caliper to bleed out properly. Another option is the rear progressive caliper from an FJR 1200/1300. The bleeder is in the correct position, and this caliper is a 4 piston progressive engagement like the R6 caliper. I offer these calipers Completely rebuilt for $120.00 with shipping included in the U.S.A. or you can search around and find a used unit yourself. Because the rear caliper is linked to the front left caliper on a First Gen., if you don't get a good bleed out on the rear caliper, the front left caliper will not function properly as well, because the same master cylinder powers both. It's not impossible, just dam hard! :thumbsup2:

Earl