IGNORED

California smog requirements

Beastwood is correct. I know this law well.if a California resident purhases an out of state bike OR car it must have 7500 miles on the odometer AT THE TIME of PURCHASE.

If you are an Arizona resident who bought the bike in Arizona and are moving to California then the law does not apply to you.

You cannot modify a vehicle to make it become a California vehicle. They check the serial number not the components.

If you are a ca resident and bought a 5000 mile bike (bill of sale says so) then run it up to 7510 miles and show up at the DMV at 4:45 pm on a Friday and PRAY the let you slide. They did for me.

Pm me if you want to talk about it

VentureFar...

• 1 year later...

I was once turned away from CA DMV because a bike I purchased in OR did not have a 'Federal Emissions Sticker.' No worries, there was an image of the label in the owner's manual so I scanned it, printed it on sticky paper, got my CA docs.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Be sure both the frame number and engine number are visible when you show up at DMV. I got an ST1300 from FL and it took two hours, a supervisor, and a Google search before they could verify my VIN. On the ST, if you strip it naked, hold it up-side-down, and use a hand-held mirror with a flashlight, it is easy to read the VIN, otherwise it is a bit of a chore.

Brett