IGNORED

Do you remember the first time you were asked if you get a senior discount?

Venturous Randy

I have the same problem as ground-hugger and silvrT. It seems everytime I approached the age for a senior discount, my favorite restaurant would raise the age requirement. I chased it to 55, they changed it to 57. I chased it to 57, the raised it to 60. I chased it to 60, they raised it to 62. By gosh, I finally caught it!!! :happy65:

Speaking of raising the age, here in Canada the "retirement" age is 65. Due to the economy, the increasing number of "baby boomers", the fact that more and more "seniors" are working past the age of 65 simply because they have to, etc .... the govn't is looking at raising the limit to 67. Which simply means that benefits one would normally receive once turning 65 will not be available until 67. :bang head:

I think it has more to do with a "tactic" the govn't is using to avoid doling out the bucks we are entitled to so they have more to waste on stupid things.

So glad I got here when I did.

Speaking of raising the age, here in Canada the "retirement" age is 65. Due to the economy, the increasing number of "baby boomers", the fact that more and more "seniors" are working past the age of 65 simply because they have to, etc .... the govn't is looking at raising the limit to 67. Which simply means that benefits one would normally receive once turning 65 will not be available until 67. :bang head:

I think it has more to do with a "tactic" the govn't is using to avoid doling out the bucks we are entitled to so they have more to waste on stupid things.

So glad I got here when I did.

Well there not just looking to make changes they already have.......

"Changes to the age of eligibility

Starting in April 2023, the age of eligibility for the Old Age Security pension and the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) will gradually increase from 65 to 67 over six years, with full implementation by January 2029. This change will affect people born in 1958 and later."

Yes, sure glad I was born in 1957!