IGNORED

Branded Title Take 2

Kernal

So, MN says that I register the cycle from WI to MN and "salvage" gets entered on the new title and after repairs I take it in for an inspection-Clean Title.

Thanks for all your help and advice....I love this site.

If you want to see what type of damage we are talking about see the first thread on this issue.

Thanks again.

So, MN says that I register the cycle from WI to MN and "salvage" gets entered on the new title and after repairs I take it in for an inspection-Clean Title.

Thanks for all your help and advice....I love this site.

If you want to see what type of damage we are talking about see the first thread on this issue.

Thanks again.

I don't feel that's right - it'll always be a salvage bike and somewhere down the line a Mr. somebody will buy a good looking bike thinking he got an unmolested bike whereas that is way far from the truth.

Unscrupulous body "people" was washing car titles down South until the states got together and hopefully got it stopped.

buy a flood car in Ms. title it to their friend in Al., clean it up and re-title again in another state that dropped the "salvage" on the title, then peddle it up north as a 'Southern' car

Just not right

I suppose that happens more times than not. In this case however, I would say it was the other way around. The cycle as you can see by the pictures, in the original post can be easily fixed and has nothing wrong with the frame and handles like new.

I think we are looking at an insurance agent who was a friend of the rider that downed it and just wrote it off as totaled, when in fact it could have been repaired. (Just a thought)

Now I have to have it inspected after putting the work into it. If they feel that it is not worthy of a clean title, then so be it.

They are not going to hand me a clean title in the mail. I have to get it back to at least a safe and resalable status. It is safe now, it just has a few bumps and rashes that need some healing time and TLC.

Then again, I might just run the wheels off of it as others have suggested, but if I wanted to sell it, at least I could get some of my money back I put into it and have a larger market to sell to.

I think we are looking at an insurance agent who was a friend of the rider that downed it and just wrote it off as totaled, when in fact it could have been repaired. (Just a thought)

I have spent the past 27 years working for and with insurance companies. While what you say may be the case in this instance, in most of the cases it actually comes down to the path of least resistance. While the majority of the bikes I see in salvage yards are repairable if the owner were to do the repairs, but as soon as someone else is picking up the bill they want the stars and the moon plus whatever else they think they are entitled to.. Rather than fight with the owner, it is simply quicker and easier to hit the 75% and total the bike.

There are some fantastic buys out there for those willing to invest some time and money. And you would be amazed at how many motorcycles have had salvage titles but are now being sold with a clean title.

:15_8_211[1]:

The wind on my knees feels the same whether I ride my Vulcan(bought new in a dealership) or my wifes Vulcan(I rebuilt from a totaled wreck), hers actually looked better than mine until some one some where a few weeks ago bumped it and dented the tank.

I'd be happy to take that dreaded "salvaged" bike off your hands, shoot me a price via PM, i happen to be looking for something to trike