IGNORED

internittent electricial issues

I have A 2007 RSV Midnight Venture. When I first start the bike and ride everything seems to work. After a short while riding the speedometer starts to move from the speed I am traveling to zero and back, the turn signal cancelling stops working, the cruise control stops working, the odometer reads incorrectly (lower than I have traveled) and the fuel gauge reads incorrectly (shows more fule in the tank than I have). anyone have any idea what the problem could be and how to fix it? I have already opened the fairing and put dielectric grease on all connections located inside it. Thanks for any helo you can privide

How many miles is on this bike ???

If high milage, ( like over 40K or more ) check the large white plug, between the

Alternator and the Voltage regulator. It located down Under the battery, Not easy to get to. Open it and check for BURNT PINS.

Check the battery stud bolts, Are they Tight ?????

Possible bad battery, shorting out internally. How old is the battery??? if its like over

4 to 5 years old, it would be highly suspect.

Disconnect the battery cables, and take a voltage reading across battery terminals, If its Below 12 volts, then it is " suspect "

( Try charging the battery, can't hurt anything )

If you are useing a Lead Acid , old type battery, is the water level up to the marks ????? If not, service, and charge the battery.

This should get you started

Post what you find, more experts will chime in !! :whistling::whistling:

In addition to what GeorgeS said. Check to see what your charging voltage is it should be above 13 volts then check the connection at the regulator make sure there are no burnt or damaged pins. If none of these items take care of it we can go from there with more in depth troubleshooting.