IGNORED

horn

Guest rooster522

Guest rooster522

when i hit my horn the front one doesnt sound like its activating fullalso i can see that it draws my headlamp down. the bottom right one seems to working fine. whats going on?

Well, seeing the lights dim is pretty common on these bikes so I wouldn't worry about that too much. As for the front horn not working, first of all, these horns are really not very good to start with. You would be far better off with a set of aftermarket horns. The Stebel horns seem to be the choice of members here but I have a set of Fiams mounted in the fairing and they are MUCH louder than stock.

If you still want to mess with the stock horn, you will need to pull the lower to get to it. There should be a small screw on the back of the horn. It is probably tightened down too far not allowing the plate to vibrate. Screw it in and out until you get the sound and volume maxed out.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me, or does Carbon One's slick mounting bracket not work on a RSTD? His instructions say to remove the stock horn bracket. Easier said than done, as the bracket is part of the frame. The horn just doesn't want to line up with that piece of frame. "What's a mother to do?"

- Fred

Is it just me, or does Carbon One's slick mounting bracket not work on a RSTD? His instructions say to remove the stock horn bracket. Easier said than done, as the bracket is part of the frame. The horn just doesn't want to line up with that piece of frame. "What's a mother to do?"

- Fred

It works. Remove the stock horn (not bracket) and install Carbon One's bracket using the same screw that holds the battery ground.