IGNORED

Rideon sealant balance impression

I recently put some Ride-on tire sealant and balancer in my new tires a few weeks after they were installed and would like to share my impressions of the product.. If you're familiar with the product but weren't sure whether or not to use it, I hope this might help you with your decision making process.

Ride-on is a gel like product that sticks to the inside of your tire (unlike the green stuff that tire changers hate), and will provide not only puncture protection but also balancing of your tires, somewhat akin to how Dyna Beads work.. not overly expensive and easy to apply. When you ride your bike for the first time after application, the product adheres to the inside of the contact patch of your tires and isn't supposed to cascade down or smear around when the bike is at rest for a while.

Having suffered a couple of punctures in the past, I decided to try this stuff out. Wondering if it would do all that it claims. On the initial ride, the differences are very subtle but noticeable enough to make it worth my while to use it. The road vibrations are softened a bit, the bumps feel softer.. I like to keep my tires at a higher pressure which means I usually feel every little crack and ripple in the road.. but now those same irregularities in the road feel rather muffled.. Almost like the tires were 10 psi low on pressure, but handles and turns like before.. feels like the tires have a softer compound to them. Though there is only 10 onces of the product in each tires, the front feels like it tracks better on straight highways due to the albeit light weight adding to the centrifugal force that keeps the wheel straight and true. Road noise from the E3 tires is a lot quieter as well.. Even on new E3 tires, you sometimes hear that hum in slight turns.. now it doesn't seem to be there anymore, though time will tell when the tires wear dowm some more.

Softer road feel, slightly better tracking, quieter tires, reduced hand buzz, and puncture protection.. I typically get between 32 and 38,000 miles on my E3's (last set replaced at 36,000 miles), I'm wondering if the Ride-on will increase / decrease tire life..

Below is the link to their product page with vid samples of what it does etc. For our bikes, you need to purchase three bottles to get enough product for the proper application.

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

I was curious enough to try the stuff and see what it does.. we'll see how it goes for the next 30,000 miles or so.. So far so good, I'm rather impressed with it.. My tires also tend to hold their pressures a lot better, the rear tire would always drop a few PSI overnight requiring top ups each ride day.. now it's holding rock steady since I put the stuff in.. (either it's the product doing that or my having removed and re-inserted the valve stem)

As with everything else, YMMV

Cheers

What an unbelievable concidence. Just today at lunch one of my best friends called me to sing praises about this product. He said he put it in his tires before he went on his 3500 mile ride out west last month. He said it totally changed the ride on his bike for the better. He really pushed me hard to go get it and try it.

I guess I'm gonna hafta try it. I'm mainly concerned about the puncture protection it provides, but if it improves ride and handling, I'm all for that too.

I guess I'm gonna hafta try it. I'm mainly concerned about the puncture protection it provides, but if it improves ride and handling, I'm all for that too.

The differences in ride and handling are subtle but noticeable.. Don't expect a huge change, but I do like the feel of the ride with the stuff in the tires..

Haveing 3 bikes in the garage, I order the stuff by the case !!

Every new tire, gets a bottle.

Balance, Yes!! it does help, in my opinioin.

I recall sombody, removed a worn out rear tire a few years ago, and posted, that

he found " Three Nails " in the old tire, and the " Ride - On " had kept it from leaking.

One other guy, said that before removeing worn out rear tire, he drove three screws thru it, and let it sit over night, before removeing it the next day. He said it only lost a couple of lbs. of air.

The stuff seems to work, I'm sold on it. If you have more then one bike, order it by the case, and keep it on hand. I also, carry an extra on both bikes, at all times.

Haveing 3 bikes in the garage, I order the stuff by the case !!

Every new tire, gets a bottle.

At tire change time, does the product ooze out all over the place like the green slime stuff (thereby really pee'ing off the mechanic) or does it actually stick to the inside of the tire as they show in their video samplers?

it sticks. I use it also. The last application where I had worn out the tires while using it I had gotten 38000 miles on the front and 15000 on the back tire. In comparison the previous set got 28000 and 12000 respectively. I did not use it on the previous set. Both sets were E3's.

They run smoother and longer though I have not had to deal with any punctures as yet.

• 1 year later...

Well, after a good run on those tires, it was finally time to change the sneakers for a new pair and finally got to see what the sealant looked like on the inside. Turns out my rear tire actually had a small puncture that I didn't know about and the sealant did it's job. The sealant does goop on the inside of the tire without making a mess at tire change time.. The mechanic who changed my tire gave me a slight groan when I told him to save the tire so I could have a look at the sealant as he was expecting some green slime covering his hands and tools.. Needless to say he was surprised.

Currently riding without the Rideon in the tires and you can immediately feel the difference. The sealant is a self balancer as well, and absorbs those small road irregularities thumping against the tires.. I gotta get me some more.. a noticeable difference. A more comfortable ride with the stuff in the tires.

I got 38,000 kms out of this set of E3's, still had some tread left compared to the previous set changed. So the cooling effects of the gloop seems to help on tire wear as well.

For my Canadian brethren riders, here's a link to a Canuck source, saves on border hassles.

http://www.ride-oncanada.com/

rideon-tire.jpg

what it looks like inside after sitting for 6 hours..

Back in 2008 I had a front tire blow out at 65mph on my KLR650. A rep for Rideon sent me two bottles for free to try out. Since the KLR ran tube type tires I felt more confident with rideon in there. It worked great! I would not ride a tube type bike without ride on. During a tire change I found a puncture in my rear tire and rideon kept it from blowing out. Impressive stuff!

I thought about putting Rideon in my RSV tires, but haven't don it yet. Your thread convinced me! Thanks' for posting!