IGNORED

Mr. Sandman,, did you buy a dream??

cowpuc

Hey Sandy

Went and looked at an 83 Blonde in GR the other day,, low miles but only runnin on a couple cylinders.. Made a lowball offer, the kid passed and than I told him how to fix it :rotf:

He e-mailed me to tell me I was right and he couldnt believe its power now:cool10:

Also said he had a couple guys coming today and if they passed he would call,, not a word since sooooo, I am assuming Sandy has a "new" 83 Blonde in his fold!! If you do,,, CONGRATS,, if not,,,,, wonder where the yellow went......:stirthepot:

Puc

What was the fix if I can ask? I think my 85 isn't hitting on all cyclinders either. Thanks Bill

Bad plug wire (s),,, caps can get high resistance so no spark.. Also, the small plugs on our bikes dont take to well to blackening from over choking,, good idea to drop in new plugs and do a compression test.. Also,, Carb diaphrams.. Pretty easy to check but he didnt get that far...

Brother Puc; do u want to ride my new scoot? Thanks for fixin it. Naah just lookin at mk2's. Tried to buy a couple and ended up getting them in our classifieds to see if they can get more money. But on the good side, just as yourself, if I did end up with one I would feel good about it. your friend sandy

Brother Puc; do u want to ride my new scoot?

Ahhhh,, yea,, of course I do,, stop that teasing,, you know I have a test ride addiction....

Man,,, I was hopin you got that blondie for a song...

Hey, what do think the possibilities are of taking a complete V-max and converting it over to a bagger?? Ever heard of anyone takin that project on??? Crazy cool weather makes my mind switch gears from riding to configuring...

Ahhhh,, yea,, of course I do,, stop that teasing,, you know I have a test ride addiction....

Hey, what do think the possibilities are of taking a complete V-max and converting it over to a bagger?? Ever heard of anyone takin that project on??? Crazy cool weather makes my mind switch gears from riding to configuring...

You ain't the 1st one to have those thoughts!!!:duck: I haven't got a chance to look closely at a frame. Add bag frames and faring frame???:think: Hummm..Was basic frame close to same? It had to ho;ld that big V-4.

I made an UltraStar out of a Roadstar, Some call it a RoadGlide, Put 65K miles on it in 5 years, Lots of great times but Gremlins always creep up when you MOD it that heavy and those kind of parts hard to find or duplicate on a road trip. So I ended up with a Venture and I am turning my Roadstar back to A Midnight Silverado with a Memphis Shades Batwing as opposed to a Reckless fairing with 6x9 and an HD Tour Pak. Winter project. So I would caution The V max project would end up the same. I think!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/usmcxterra/MS1700/3ac90c8f.jpg

07 Midnight Silverado converted to a Ultrastar or Starglide, 5K in Modifications.

Looky Here

If you try putting regular venture bags on a V-Max, you probably will encounter issues, as the V-Max has dual rear shocks on the swing arm instead of a single central monoshock. There are probably other differences between the two that would require MacGyvering to get stock Venture stuff to hang on a V-Max.

But I'm sure you can fully dress out a V-Max if you really want to, just add $$$.

-Andrew