IGNORED

Which hwy pegs fit '01 Tour Deluxe?

Guest Hatchet

Guest Hatchet

The '01 Tour Deluxe has tiny engine guards, and I've had a heck of a time trying to find highway pegs that will work. Any recommendations?

Measure the diameter of the bar. My 05 RSTD has 1 inch bars. I found the Kuraykyn work well on mine. I bought the pegs and mounts at the local Harley dealer. He actually had competitive prices.

I feel my 1 inch crash gaurds are almost to small for highway pegs though. I can see them flex when I put my feet on them. If yours are smaller than that I'd consider another option like upgrading to a bigger crash bar, or the Lindby bar with build in foot pegs. I know they make those in 1 1/4 diameter. Not sure if they make them for your bike or not.

Guest Hatchet

thanks, and yes, I looked at those, but because my guards are so tiny those pegs would interfere with my shifter and brake pedal. I think the guadrs on your 1100 are much larger than mine.

thanks, and yes, I looked at those, but because my guards are so tiny those pegs would interfere with my shifter and brake pedal. I think the guadrs on your 1100 are much larger than mine.

yes mine are the big bars but they come in the small too and i think charlie has the same ones on his bike they are offset and adjustable you can rotate and and twist them to fit almost anywhere but look around you may just find something you like better:080402gudl_prv:

I've got the Kury Offsets with the Pilot Pegs on my RSV. I think those are 1 " as well. As to the bars flexing. Yes they did, but no more. I've found a solution for that problem.

Here's what I did. I bought a pair of chrome 3 piece clamps in 1" from a local bike shop, then took a piece of 10 gauge (aprx 1/8") stainless steel cut to the width of the clamps and run it to the bottom of the floorboard brackets. Drilled a hole through the bracket and attached the end of the stainless strip.

Anyhow my footrests and bars are rock solid now. I also did this mod for Denden here on the site.

I should have a post here on that topic & pics unless it was lost in the sites crash. I'll check later and if it's gone will do another writ up on it.

Larry

The '01 Tour Deluxe has tiny engine guards, and I've had a heck of a time trying to find highway pegs that will work. Any recommendations?

If the bars are Yamaha stock, then your bars are the same as the Venture and 05 -07 RSTD, I believe. I have the Dually ISO offset pegs also and they do not interfere with the controls.