IGNORED

Aliens have taken over my wife

Shotgun

Hummingbird you beat me to it!!! Another suggestion is to learn the hand signals as you do not have an intercom ( I see a venture in your future) 1 helmet smack going tooo fast! 2 smacks need potty next exit !! 3 smacks shes falling asleep get out the bungee !!! Finally if she brings you your slippers and a cup of coffee after a ride ITS TIME TO UPGRADE !!!! She will stop smacking you maybe ????:fingers-crossed-emo

As a matter of fact, I did ask her what she had done with the woman I married. We nearly got a divorce when I bought this bike last year so her comments completely surprised me. She has mentioned getting a Venture but I want to make sure she's serious before I spend the extra money to get one. I have been looking at the stealerships to see if I could find one we could both test ride before we commit, but no luck so far.

Thanks for the info, I will be looking at the Diamonds.

ahhhh thats how its starts you get the bike you want and she gets to ride just wait a month or 2 and then she will spring it on you she is scheeeeemmmmmmmmmiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg and she knows what shes doing lol just be ready for the sticker shock when she tells you :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Hey Shotgun,

Good to see a fellow Arky on the site. My wife and I also have a 2007 RSTD. We love the bike, and have ridden it from North Carolina to Arizona and most states in between.

After realizing right off the bat that the stock seat pretty much sucked, I invested in rider and passenger seats made by Ultimate Seats. It changed our world. My wife loves her seat.

By the way, I noticed on your profile pic that the sissy bar has been removed. You do still have that for your precious wife to rest against don't you?

We had a Road Star with stock seats. She hated the pillion, could only ride an hour.

Got a RSTD that already had Ultimate Seats, she can take a half day.

Got a Venture, good for all day.

I'm good on either bike for full day, better on the RSV for cross country.

But, she needs the cushie of the pillow top Venture seat.

It's a fitment thing.

But YES you need a back rest for HER.

Mike G.

That's one of the things I really like about this bike, the quick change sissy bar. I prefer to ride without it but it doesn't take a second to rig it for the wife. The PO installed a Corbin driver seat but I'm not sure what the passenger seat is, other than really small. The Corbin seems to work well for me, I've made several day long rides without any issues.

I agree with Big Lenny, I put Ultimates on mine and the wife loves hers. BTW she wouldn't ride for the last 17 years on the RSTC and then out of the blue she says the reason she wouldn't was that it was too uncomfortable and that she would if I "fixed it up" for her, new seat, floorboards, and wrap around backrest, after all that work, wondering why I just didn't spring for a new ride. :whistling:

Looking at the seats, I'll probably go with the Ultimate's, as soon as I can save up enough. My Corbin is getting pretty worn and I'll have to replace or recover it soon anyway. If she continues to want to ride after the seat exchange, I'll probably be in the market for a Venture.

Thanks for all the comments, this is a great site and I've learned a lot here!