IGNORED

Loose parts????

calperin

I receive saturday the carb covers and the twinkles from AD Chrome.

They are really nice, but after install the right side I realize that I found on the back of the cylinder heat sink a piece that I believe should belong to the carbs.

I attached both pictures, the cover and twinkle and the piece that seems to be a jet or some injection limitation piece on the carbs...

All that I had to do is replace the original screws from the carb cover to a larger screws with a spacer to hold the new cover.

Is any way that this piece falls from behind the original screws?

I didn't saw anything fall, but still I don't believe that I have that piece loose for such long time.

BTW, I run the bike, and I had no issues at all, so it doesn't seem that something is missing or the carbs are not working properly...

Any thoughts?

:confused07::confused07::confused07::depressed::depressed::depressed:

[ATTACH]79758[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]79759[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]79760[/ATTACH]

That is just the stock anti-tamper cover fitted over the air mixture screw - one on each carb. Never have seen one fall off on its own before, and they are not particularly easy to reach with the carbs in place, but I suppose it is possible you hit it with something while under there. Nothing to worry about. Those covers are never replaced once popped off for fuel mixture work. If all four are off, then it probably has been laying there for years after someone adjusted the carbs long ago.

Goose