IGNORED

sturgis to wny mini rally

nyjerry

Trying to help a friend. We are in Rapid city SD and he had some medical problems. Were hoping he gets released from the hospital tomorrow but the doctors said he can't ride or fly and has to be on oxygen. Have tried to find a truck to rent, but nothing in the area. If anyone is going to the wny rally from out here and is trailering with an open space. The help would be appreciated. I don't have access to the internet much but will try and check when able to.

Thanks Nyjerry

Jerry, I checked online for truck rentals. U haul has a 10 ft box truck out of their store at 20 deadwood dr Rapid city. for pick up on the 12th. Not cheap, over $1200.00. I don't think you will find anything under $1000.00. Oh, that's one way to Waterloo.

I just got home from there yesterday. I am 5 1/2 hours from there. I dont really know anybody out there. I would have to look for help online like you guys are already doing. They might be able to try checking in at some of the campground offices to see if there are some campers still there. Myabe they can hook up with somebody that way.

Thanks steamer. Will check u haul out, going to the airport and Harley to see if any of the haulers have a space. Rentals are tough around here. They only want to rent for round trips to keep them in the area. The Christian riders have been real good. Checking on him every day and offered to store his bike for free, till he can pick it up. Thanks

Hello: I just saw this post tonight after riding most all day to get home from the Black Hills. I have friend that lives in Whitewood SD just west of Sturgis that might be able to help store the bike? Wish I were going to the WNY rally. Let me know if you need further help.

Thanks guys for your help and ideas and support. I was able to find a transport truck at the airport, with a open spot. Bike is on the way back and we rented a car for them to get back. We are leavening some time today,they may drive up to Sturgis just to say they were there. Have to get to a lower altitude. Thanks everyone for your help. Jerry