IGNORED

P/Ns to Replace Clutch Slave

1983 Venture

I have the dreaded drip by kickstand, losing a bit out of clutch reservoir daily, and getting worse so I plan to replace the clutch slave. Not super savy, I thought I'd just replace rather than try to rebuild. I have a couple P/N questions:

The Push Lever Comp: 1FK-16381-11-00, does that come complete, or do I also need to buy the Seal Kit (26H-W0098-00-00)? OR anything else?

Is the Middle gear cover gasket p/n = 3JP-15451-01-00 ? I've got a couple conflicting p/n's and I hate to order parts wrong.

Should I order the copper washer 90430-06014-00 ?

Any feedback or advise would be great, Thanks :confused24:

I've found a couple detailed threads on replacing, looks do-able.

Spencer

The fiche shows 1FK-16381-11-00 as the entire assembly, rome assembly - replace assembly - bleed.

The rear side cover gasket should be 3JP-15461-01-00.

Any copper (crush) washer is designed to be slightly formable by compression. Time hardens the copper. Put it over a gentle flame until it glows cherry red and then set aside to air cool and voila... it's annealed and once again ductile (formable). When it's all squished out to a this area under the bolt and only thick outside the bolt head, THEN you need a new copper washer and there's certainly no need for it to be a "Yamaha" part.

1983 Venture

I have the dreaded drip by kickstand, losing a bit out of clutch reservoir daily, and getting worse so I plan to replace the clutch slave. Not super savy, I thought I'd just replace rather than try to rebuild. I have a couple P/N questions:

1st here is my write up so you know what you're getting into.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66302

The Push Lever Comp: 1FK-16381-11-00, does that come complete, or do I also need to buy the Seal Kit (26H-W0098-00-00)? OR anything else?

The slave cyl comes with the seals installed (it better for $70)

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-1FK-16381-11-00.html

Is the Middle gear cover gasket p/n = 3JP-15451-01-00 ? I've got a couple conflicting p/n's and I hate to order parts wrong.

I bought #JP-15461-01-00 for my 84. If you take your time removing it you may get lucky like I did & not need to replace it.

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/motorcycle/Y-3JP-15461-01-00.html

Should I order the copper washer 90430-06014-00 ?

When I did mine I did not buy them & did not need to.

Any feedback or advise would be great, Thanks :confused24:

I've found a couple detailed threads on replacing, looks do-able.

Spencer

Good Luck & "Happy Cursing"!:080402gudl_prv: